Senior Editor, Data Center Knowledge (Remote)
- 24 School St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
Informa Tech is seeking a Senior Editor to drive strategy and growth on our Data Center Knowledge media brand. A successful candidate will understand how to deliver highly relevant content to our audience across a variety of channels and be able to think expansively on how to optimize for growth.
Data Center Knowledge’s mission is to inform, educate and advise data center executives and decision-makers on evolving technology and facilities strategies so they can make informed purchasing and planning decisions that transform the business. Data Center Knowledge serves data center professionals (C-level, business, IT and facilities decision-makers). Data Center Knowledge helps these professionals develop data center strategies and/or design, build and manage world-class data centers. These buyers and decision-makers rely on Data Center Knowledge as a trusted source of news and expertise on these specialized facilities.
Our Senior Editor will:
· Set the strategy and content approach for Data Center Knowledge with a deep understanding of the market and our audience
· Inspire highly capable writers and drive a shared vision for the growth and strategy of the brand
· Participate in day-to-day operations of the brand, which may include writing articles and survey-based research reports, editing others’ content, producing newsletters, managing the website and moderating webinars
· Work with internal stakeholders across research, events and media to support collaborative efforts and programs to drive growth for the entire Enterprise IT Portfolio
· Help grow the visibility of Data Center Knowledge by developing strong partnerships and initiatives to increase our audience including speaking at events, developing advisory boards and writing thought leadership pieces that speak to the challenges and directions of the core audience
- 7+ years experience in the media business with demonstrated success covering news and writing features in the technology and/or data center facilities space
- A large network of high-level contacts in the data center space
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written, and a confident public speaker
- Entrepreneurial-minded and excited to drive change
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.