Associate Delegate Relations Manager
- Dubai Fountain St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
The Informa Connect Division incorporates all of the Group’s training, learning, conference, advisory and congress businesses. Informa Connect is a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge. It operates major branded events in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets, and connect communities online year-round.
As Informa we're a diverse Group, with over 11,000 colleagues working in many different roles in one of six Divisions and in over 30 countries. Each of us brings something different, a unique set of abilities, experience and knowledge. It’s what makes us who we are. All our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness, and a working environment that is enjoyable, stimulating, rewarding and supportive for colleagues. One that enables everyone to fully participate in the life of the Group and its ongoing, sustainable growth
This role is primarily concerned with selling delegate places on to our events and training courses which we run Globally. Products that we sell include:
- Face to Face Large scale Content led Conferences
- Face to Face Small to Medium Content led Conferences
- Face to Face Large scale Exhibitions
- Face to Face Large scale Trade shows
- Face to Face Training Seminars
- Face to Face “In House” Training Seminars
- Face to Face brokered meetings
- Digital live stream Large scale Content led Conferences
- Digital Small to Medium Content led Conferences
- Digital live stream Large scale Exhibitions
- Digital live stream Large scale Trade shows
- Digital live stream Training Seminars
- Digital live stream “In House” Training Seminars
- Digital live stream brokered meetings
- Digital Distance Learning Certificates, Post Grad Diplomas, LLMs, MBA
- Digital publications in Finance
- Digital Marketing Services
- Hybrid F2F/Live stream Large scale Content led Conferences
- Hybrid F2F/Live stream Small to Medium Content led Conferences
- Hybrid F2F/Live stream Large scale Exhibitions
- Hybrid F2F/Live stream Large scale Trade shows
- Hybrid F2F/Live stream Training Seminars
The Associate Delegate Relations Manager will be expected to advise customers on the range and suitability of the events and courses that we run across a number of industries, and on any additional services offered, drawing on the experience and expertise of the business development and technical staff where required. Any sales made must reflect the training needs of the customer, but also consider fully the overall business strategy, with the aim of maximising long-term revenue. An additional key part of the role is to identify cross selling opportunities, understanding the client’s needs and providing them with information about live and future events in their relevant portfolio.
This role requires ability to work remotely.
Occasional travel in the UK, Europe or World-wide in order to attend conferences may be required in support of sales / marketing activity.
The ADRM will report to the Head of Sales of the Vertical they work in, but close liaison with other members of the Informa Connect Production, Sales and Marketing teams is also required to ensure that all sales activity accurately reflect the needs of the events and training as well as the wider portfolio that Informa Connect offer.
This role is ideally suited to a resourceful, proactive individual with exceptional organisational skills.
The opportunity for progression in this role is endless, with promotions available in sponsorship, production or management.
- Generate revenue by selling on large scale events, specialised conferences and training courses
- Identify opportunities to cross sell our whole portfolio of events Finance, Pharma, Maritime, Marketing, Legal and Tax
- Provide support, where needed, to ensure revenue is collected on sales that are made
- Work towards sales and call rate targets set by the Head of Sales and Global Revenue Director
- Provide detailed feedback to divisional managers and other departments on the progress of each event and sales campaign
- Contribute to new lead generation activities using all available resources
- Following up all leads in a timely and pro-active manner
- Ensure consistence of any sales/marketing information (keeping customers apprised of current prices, discounts (if any), target audience, priorities, resource availability etc.)
- Liaise closely with both the wider Informa Connect teams and the event team to ensure sales activities are conducted in the most efficient manner, and it is a way that is aligned with the wider business
- Additional duties as required in support of the overall business and as the need arises
- This role requires ability to work remotely.
- Occasional travel in the UK, Europe or World-wide in order to attend conferences may be required in support of sales / marketing activity.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and will have proved themselves to be an excellent communicator who can identify a customer’s needs, delivering a high level of customer service whilst maximising the sales opportunity. Whilst direct sales experience is not essential the ability to prove you are worthy of a position is! It is a basic requirement that the successful candidate will have good numerical and IT skills. The Person
- Enthusiasm, drive and great communication skills are essential. The sector or industry in which you have achieved this excellence is not crucial. What is crucial is that you have made your mark.
- Commercially astute and competitive, the successful candidate’s natural empathetic style and clarity in communication will reflect in the way they influence and command respect amongst senior decision makers.
- Person should be someone who demonstrates leadership qualities through their performance and their attitude.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.