Head of Digital Growth and Strategy
- World Trade Centre Metro Footbridge - Trade CentreTrade Centre 1 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa Markets creates global platforms for industries, specialist markets and customers to trade, innovate and grow, delivering over 550 events annually, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
We are looking for a leader with a marketing background to bridge digital strategy and delivery, who is adept in identifying un-met customer needs and is able to prioritise and deliver initiatives which lead to sustainable digital revenue models.
You will work closely with the marketing team and portfolio director; you will guide and execute the tech portfolio to ensure it is customer-focused with digital products and services.
Digital & editorial content across @Hack and LEAP, including content related to the physical event and digital initiatives. These most be long term and sustainable to allow continued growth in all nonphysical event areas
Must be able to pitch growth analysis, digital plans and strategy to clients including Microsoft, IBM, GOOGLE etc
Lead on annual subscriptions to generate standalone revenue that is not linked to the physical events. This includes support and developing the @ Hack chapter subscriptions
Turn LEAP and @ Hack into 365 platforms to generate year-round engagement through a series of virtual and digital initiatives.
Ensure all initiatives are marketed correctly through multiple channels, this includes supporting on the creation of sustainable inventory that could standalone without an event
- Digital revenue and products
- Practical and effective digital marketing campaigns
- Ability to work with tier 1 tech brands
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Non-event related digital content and support on overall strengthening of social media, digital content, communities, subscriptions and SEO
- Digital growth and strategy across both platforms including ideas to launch digital products across both event fields
- Editorial and copy writing across all platforms
- Support on the matchmaking up and RFP process to ensure that the most up to date and practical technology is used at the event
- Work closely with the marketing team and Portfolio Director to ensure a 365-day platform is created and sustained
Reporting and communication
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with other department heads
- Maintain transparent communication. Effectively communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and regular interpersonal communication
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility
Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have proven experience in managing a team responsible for driving new, relevant web traffic through PPC as well as being able to demonstrate knowledge and activity in converting web traffic across @ Hack and LEAP
- Analytics-led, always looking for opportunities to improve the digital strategy and raise the bar and to ensure we are performing well to allow us to monetize of products
- Must work closely with the marketers across @ Hack and LEAP to significantly improve inbound results
- Demonstrate good teamwork with co-workers/peers
- Be flexible when on occasions asked to perform tasks outside of the overall remit
- Willingness to travel to Saudi once a month
- Speaks and writes clear and fluent English to both individuals and groups
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Commercial awareness
- Research orientated
- Copywriting/marketing skills
- Brand and market awareness
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide the other departments
- Willingness to work longer than normal office hours
- Effective negotiation skills
- Remains calm and approachable under pressure
- Promotes a learning environment through leadership and example
- Tech background
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.