Industry Analyst (Natural Products)
- 5541 Central Ave, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Markets
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business. We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa’s New Hope Network Content, Data & Insights team is a market research and insights team that has been built to support internal partners and external clients with the content, data, and insight they need to run their businesses, make better decisions, and pursue responsible innovation and business growth. Our mission is to bring more health to more people and to drive growth and change in our food system, making it more sustainable, socially responsible, conscious, and humane. We do so in three different ways: playing an active role in internal strategy and innovation efforts, serving the market with syndicated and custom research services (primarily under the Nutrition Business Journal and NEXT brands), and by contributing to market-leading content creation that is designed to help New Hope Network’s customers and audience discover, connect, inspire, and lead. What sets us apart is our use of proprietary data, our industry insider team of journalists, analysts, trend spotters, and our extensive network of industry connections, which collectively enable us to develop forward-looking, predictive insights and solutions.
The Content, Data, & Insights team is seeking an Industry Analyst. The Industry Analyst will work to maintain and enhance our existing Nutrition Business Journal (NBJ) market size and growth models, support efforts to build new models, and work with retail POS data, survey data and other data sources to create content.
This position is good for someone with an interest in health and nutrition and the natural products industry who wants to be part of a small but influential team operating at the center of a dynamic and growing industry. The Industry Analyst will work directly with other analysts, content creators, and external clients using market size models and survey research as a basis for insights generation and content creation. As a member of our content team there will also be an opportunity for the Industry Analyst to present their work at our Natural Products Expos in-person or virtual events.
If you are excited by the idea of being an industry expert and sitting at the forefront of thought leadership and innovation in the consumer goods industry this is the place to be.
- We are an organization which is passionate about our mission and supporting the growth of the nutrition, food & beverage and natural products industries. We are looking for candidates with shared interests and passions; a cover letter that explains your personal and/or professional connection to the industry will be an important consideration in our evaluation of candidates.
- Our team is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- We value technical skill and technical experience as well as diverse perspectives and lived experiences, if you are an unconventional fit for the role please call that out in your cover letter.
- Our offices are in Boulder, Colorado, but many members of our team work remotely; we value diversity, skill, and shared interests and goals over geographic location.
- While travel is not currently required for this role, Informa Markets is an events business and travel to our events and for client engagements may be required sometime in the future.
In this role you will:
- Lead the maintenance and updating of NBJ industry market size estimates and growth forecasting models.
- Support efforts to build new models, and work with retail POS data, survey data and other data sources to create content.
- Lead the process of integrating data and insights from content, data, and insights team market models and industry analysis into syndicated reporting and other content creation efforts.
- Support content, data, and insights team revenue growth goals by helping to identify and create new revenue streams—examples include improved reports, new models and new research efforts.
- Conduct interviews with key industry stakeholders, undertake desk research, and execute custom survey-based research and possess the skill to use these to create market models and business implications.
- Become a sought-after industry expert with unique market intelligence and perspective.
- Uphold and defend the New Hope, NBJ and NEXT brand image for data and model integrity and unique industry value.
- Connect and network with industry leaders to facilitate data and insights acquisition and model building efforts.
- Support marketing and sales efforts by creating syndicated market intelligence deliverables and content marketing—and by supporting custom data sales and modeling efforts by creating, producing and presenting sales and marketing materials.
- Translate data into forward-looking analysis, actionable insights, and predictions.
- Create insightful and actionable insights in both published and presentation formats.
- Work with our content team to inspire, inform, and directly contribute to the content creation process.
- Present content and research at Natural Products Expo East and West and possibly other Informa Markets U.S. Health & Nutrition events.
- Experience with building market size and growth models
- Experience analyzing survey research data
- Solid experience working with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Strategic thinking skills with an ability to tie insights back to practical business implications
- Strong writing skills and a proven ability to compose compelling narratives that bring insights and recommendations to life in written and presentation form
- Confidence presenting research results
- A healthy mix of detail orientation and big picture/strategic thinking
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the consumer goods industry
- Knowledge of the natural products industry either through personal values and lifestyle choices or professional experience
- The confidence to execute independently when needed
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive problem-solving skills and a willingness to ‘figure it out’
- A proactive approach to managing workloads
- Exceptional interpersonal and confident communication skills, including presentations and public speaking
- Ability to explain concepts in a clear, concise way
- Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, quality focused and effective at multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- A collaborative, positive attitude with a desire to work in a dynamic and evolving business
- Business savvy, analytic mindset and client service orientation
- A strong initiative
- Passion, ownership and commitment to your work
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.