Sr. Financial Analyst
- 5541 Central Ave, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Markets
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business. We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa’s Natural Products and SupplySide Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned tradeshows and digital events such as Natural Products Expos, SupplySide New Hope Network, Natural Products Insider and Spark Change. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring more health to more people.
Informa Markets is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst supporting the Natural Products and SupplySide Events, both virtual and physical and Digital media. This role will provide financial analysis; create budgets and forecasts (utilizing TM1, SAP, Oracle Financials and Excel) under a range of scenarios and assumptions; consolidate budgets and forecasts; analyze market and business trends and outcomes; develop key reports; prepare and participate in strategic planning and analysis; research and complete special projects as assigned.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Performs monthly close and consolidation of operating unit performance in conjunction with the group’s financial staff, Shared Services, and the Group Finance.
- Analyze monthly/quarterly financial results to understand underlying causes for performance and variances between current periods and budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Assist in the creation, analysis, reporting and management of budgets and forecasts.
- Develop/implement best practice budgeting and forecasting processes with business unit heads (Commercial/Marketing/Ops/Sales/Sales Ops).
- Partner with Central Finance to identify and implement enhancements to reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrate a deep, fundamental understanding of all revenue drivers and costs in product and portfolio P&Ls.
- Review sales commission payments
- Work with Finance Business Partner and commercial team, modeling impact of pricing decisions to optimize revenue.
- Create and maintain various models and scenarios across the group’s portfolio as needed.
- Performs other ad hoc analysis / duties as assigned. Performs research for and completes special projects as assigned (i.e., creating dashboards, develop metrics, create presentations, create supporting financial models)
What you bring to the team:
- Four-year degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in financial planning, reporting or business analysis
- Strong analytical skills are required, with the ability to challenge and research factors behind the financials
- The ability to work independently, meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle changing priorities is required
- Extensive Excel and PowerPoint experience and financial modelling skills
- Experience using Oracle Financials, TM1 and SAP FC/ECC
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and outstanding quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills are necessary, combined with written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
- Compensation: $75,000-80,000 annually, based on experience + 10% bonus
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.