Full Stack Software Engineer
- Global Technology Park Tower E Rd, Adarsh Palm Retreat, Bellandur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560103, India
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
Our Product and Content Technology team is looking for 3 future-thinking Engineers to join us on our journey toward March to Modernization. We are in an exciting phase of change, where we are embarking on a journey of building our foundational bricks for a hugely impactful digital journey, in enriching the experience of our customers, users, and partners. This position plays a key role in ensuring that we provide a robust solution to support our services and customers. In this role, you’ll work with a talented team of like-minded, driven Engineers working on some highly visible, large-scale projects with influence over a wide range of business and technology stakeholders
We are looking for dynamic, talented engineers who are ready for a challenge where teamwork, technical ability, client interaction, and problem-solving skills are essential. The senior engineer should have a strong background in building scalable, reliable and high-performance applications in an agile environment. You will be working with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources in order to build enterprise systems that support the company’s business objectives.
What you'll be doing:
- Working alongside with a team comprising of super excited engineering experts, leads analysts and managers.
- Develops , enhances and implements reliable product content systems, in adherence to the targeted design and architecture.
- Researches, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software through the development team
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- To be proficient in design patterns so that the low-level design or solution can be reused.
- Code Review, code merge and taking care of deployments and releases.
- At the least 3 years of overall hands-on experienced senior engineer/developer with excellent application system design, architecture and development skills
- Strong agile experience in Scrum methodology
- Strong experience in development, implementation and managing high performance scalable J2EE applications on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Experience in development of Amazon Web Services - AWS EB Stack, EC2, SQS, SNS,S3 SDKs.
- Experience in Jenkins, Bamboo,Junit, Selenium, WireMock, Mockito, Camel, Spring MVC, Spring Boot Frameworks.
- Hands-on with Build and Release tools like Github, Junit, Mockito, NPM, Python, Shell Script etc.
- Excellent knowledge of mico services,data modelling techniques,REST Web services
- Strong experience developing with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer)
- Strong experience in Non-SQL MongoDB and RDBMS databases.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, and a responsible team-player
- The ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing.
- Cloud based application development
- 24 days annual leave
- Volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependants; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexi working time
- Right tools for remote working
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have the right to work and live in the India
This role is based at our Bangalore office or may be remote
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.