Senior Content Editor - Food ingredients
- De Entree, 1101 Amsterdam, Netherlands
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
The Food ingredients Global brand currently offers Marketing and Media Services to food ingredients companies by building on the success of our digital ecosystem comprising online directories, marketplaces, online events and world-renowned trade shows. We are uniquely positioned to offer highly effective digital solutions to F&B companies thanks to our extensive, worldwide database of over 200,000 food and beverage professionals.
In the coming years, we are looking to accelerate the growth of our market share in F&B Marketing and Media Services. To achieve this, we are looking for a senior editor who will lead the production and publication of both editorial and custom sponsored content, varying from reports and whitepapers to infographics and articles covering key F&B topics.
This role is part of the Food Content & Digital Team and reports to the Content & Digital Director. Our collaborative team is made up of digital marketing specialists, content marketing specialists and F&B industry experts and will expand further as we grow our products and services.
In this role you will
Research, write and publish both editorial and custom sponsored content on key topics related to the Food & Beverage industry and to food ingredients in particular
Join the Digital Sales and Marketing Teams in calls with new clients to discuss topics, process and deliverables related to sponsored content and ensure delivery of these content products
Plan and execute the editorial publishing strategy to drive engagement on our current food ingredients platforms, as well as on any yet to be launched platforms
Manage a team to deliver and publish content required for our events, blogs, newsletters, social media and community platforms
Work with the Content Editor to ensure our newsletters deliver on subscriber KPIs and sponsorship targets
In close collaboration with the Head of Content research, plan and deliver the F&B topics for the yearly Content Calendar
Speak, moderate and participate in online and in-person events, sponsored webinars, panel discussions and at advisory group gatherings
Deepen our team’s F&B industry expertise through desktop research, focus and advisory groups, networking, interviews, and by building strong partnerships with key industry partners
Custom Content Production: Research, write and edit sponsored custom content products for clients, varying from reports, whitepapers, custom copy for infographics and articles based on a client’s brief
Editorial Content Production: Work with the Head of Content and key industry partners to research, write and edit the reports, interviews, articles and other collateral required to support online and in-person programme delivery
Editorial Publishing Strategy: Lead the topic development for our blogs and newsletters on Ingredients Network and Fi Global Insights and develop new touchpoints for engagement with an F&B community
Moderating & Interviewing: Research and moderate sponsored webinars, panel discussions, conduct interviews and participate in the content programme at both online and in-person events
Managing the Editorial Team: Manage a team of Content Editors and external writers to produce, deliver and drive engagement with published content on Ingredients Network and on Fi Global blogs and newsletters
Reviewing and Editing: Proof, review and edit all content before publication to ensure quality and alignment with publishing strategy
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a food journalist or food editor (EN) creating content with a focus on the Food & Beverage industry is a must and knowledge of food ingredients, regulatory, and R&D a strong advantage
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or similar
- Experienced at writing high-quality, engaging content and a meticulous attention to detail when proofreading own or other content producers’ work
- Strong presentation skills and confidence at public speaking
- A highly developed F&B network of industry experts, associations, startups and manufacturers
- Experience interpreting and visualising F&B market data and insights an advantage
- A creative, collaborative, highly organised individual who is able to cope with client feedback and stick to deadlines
- Experience managing direct reports. Coaching and mentoring ability
- Strong commercial acumen and drive to ensure revenue grows in line with business expectations an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- You are entitled to 24 days' paid holiday per year, plus one day's paid holiday for your birthday, extra time given at certain bank holidays, and the chance to earn a free day's holiday through charity fundraising
- We offer colleagues net reimbursement for commuting travel. We will reimburse actual costs for public transport
- The official Social Committee is very active in organising social, wellness, diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Monthly AMSTAR awards recognise outstanding colleague contributions with a €100 voucher
- On 5 years of service, you will receive 25% of your gross monthly salary, 10 years = 50% on an increasing scale
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.