Marketing Manager (remote) - multimedia, digital media experience
- W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Connect
Informa Connect organizes major branded annual events and operates specialist digital communities that are key convening places for a particular market. We run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programs for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences, Foodservice and Hospitality, Sustainability, and in a number of other specialist markets.
- Job Title: Marketing Manager, RevGen
- Department: Informa Connect NY - SME
- Reports to: VP, Marketing
- Direct Reports: Sales Marketing Coordinator and/or Specialist
- Location: remote/hybrid
As a Marketing Manager (MM), you will work across six different industry verticals to develop and oversee the execution of brand marketing plans to drive digital media, sponsorship and event revenue. You will lead all campaign and content marketing activities including lead generation/nurture, pipeline progression, cross/upsell, and account-based marketing.
Success is defined not only by the achievement of agreed revenue and sales enablement goals but more importantly by leading and partnering with team members in a positive, inspiring manner. This position provides an excellent foundation for professionals seeking growth in either Sales or Marketing.
You will work in close partnership with each brand marketing and sales leader. You will have oversight of all sales enablement-related campaigns, content marketing initiatives, MQL/SQL campaigns and reporting, key account/ABM strategies planned in alignment with our Media and Event annual sales strategies.
Team Leadership (15%)
- Develop and progress the strategic vision for Sales Marketing function to achieve next-level contribution for NY portfolio
- Direct management of one Sales Marketing Specialist
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships with Sales and Marketing Leaders on strategy, budget, KPIs, schedules
- Serves as a thought leader and key collaborator within the wider Connect NY and Connect Corporate marketing teams
Strategic Planning (25%)
- Create multifaceted B2B marketing plans produced in tandem with Marketing, Brand, and Sales Leaders including up-sell/cross-sell plays, lead generation, and key account penetration through social media, paid and organic search, email, content marketing that deliver defined commercial objectives per brand strategies and over-arching marketing plans.
- Ability to deliver a scalable/sustainable process, applying necessary rigor across core areas of sales marketing that takes into account multiple industries/customers, media and or event focus, different platforms with varying degrees of sales acumen across the teams
- Establish and track agreed-upon lead qualification and lead scoring from marketing campaigns, working with Sales to agree on definitions and workflow, and coordinating real-time follow-up with the sales team.
Marketing Campaign Management (40%)
- Leverage multi-format content, versioned to align with industry sub-segments and personas, for the different stages of the buying process including customer case studies, videos, breaking news reports, white papers, etc.
- Optimize exhibitor-focused website content, working with Marketing Director and Sales Marketing Specialist, to ensure the brand has search engine visibility and delivers a favorable user experience.
- Oversee the design, copywriting, and production process; ensure work product is compelling, high-performing, on-brand, and timely
- Produce and maintain digital media kits, pitch decks, and other sales-related marketing collateral
Reporting/Operations Management (10%)
- In partnership with VP of Sales, establish and manage standard lead and pipeline definitions and KPIs, including MQL/SQL growth, conversion, pipeline progression and duration, marketing attributable revenue, and campaign performance
- Maintain marketing schedules and status reports
- Develop and maintain marketing-related financial pacing reports and budgets
- Oversee data integrations between Salesforce.com and marketing-related systems (marketing automation, reporting and data analytics applications)
- The key contributor to market research and year-end reporting activities
- The support Sales team in role-play training, client calls, territory management, Sales effectiveness processes
- Support company and brand-level DE&I initiatives
- Attend competitor events as needed
- Support Informa Connect divisional marketing activities
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in marketing, communication, or related field
- 3-5 years marketing leadership experience; minimum 1 year at management level
- B2B or B2C Media experience a MUST
- Prior experience in a Sales Enablement, Sales Marketing position is a MUST
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with multiple team members and with brand/division leaders and outside partners
- Direct line personnel management
- Budget management and forecasting
- Demonstrable experience in the following marketing-related platforms:
- Digital: CMS, mobile apps, SEM/SEO, responsive display/retargeting ads, etc
- Social media: paid and organic campaigns
- Marketing automation campaign planning and delivery, including software such as Eloqua, Marketo, or ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Content: gating, lead/subscriber capture tactics, social sharing
- Strong copywriting and proof-reading skills; strong verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in working with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Travel ~ 10% per year
- Oversight of indirect staff in a matrix organization; leading “beyond the Org chart”
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse, and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career development and ambitions
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering, and your Birthday off
- Health and medical benefits via Cigna Healthcare
- Retirement plan with 401k match of up to 6 percent
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder and buy private equity shares at a discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law