Marketing Manager- Audience
- 6190 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Marketing Manager Is responsible for attracting (target) Prospects (Clients & Audiences) to the relevant Informa Tech community, nurturing engagement with those audiences on a regular and sustained basis, soliciting insight (demographic, firmographic and buying intent) and permission to market, as well as gaining insight into their needs. Target audiences may come from the sell side (Clients) and the buy side (Audiences) of the community.
What you will produce
• Design and execution of marketing campaigns.
• Plan campaigns that attract and engage target Prospects.
• KPI tracking, reporting, forecasting and performance metrics.
• Marketing automation and digital marketing strategy.
The Marketing Manager, Prospect is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Identify the target prospects and secure reach into target Prospects. Test strategies to optimize offering of insight and permission, ie quid pro quos, AB testing of Prospect journeys.
• Design and execute marketing campaigns that encourage target prospects to engage with relevant Informa Tech content, principally Media, Community and Research content. Though also Physical, Virtual & Hybrid Events.
• Solicit demographic, firmographic and buying intent insight and populate audience database.
• Working with Media/Marketing sites, ensure that content is discoverable and engaging via effective use of SEO and SEM.
• Working with Research, Event and Media teams to plan content agenda that attracts and engages target Prospects.
• Monitor Prospect engagement and take action to retain and/or recapture lapsing Prospects.
• Identify net new Prospects to attract and take action to attract.
Best practice/measuring performance/innovation & product development
• Creates a best practice marketing environment, driving efficiency and effectiveness. Utilizes Informa Tech’s Marketing Excellence tools and approach.
• Partners with Data & Analytics team within Pillar, to analyze and use data to measure and improve performance.
• KPIs – reporting, delegate revenue, forecasting and performance metrics to key internal and external stakeholders, highlighting revenue risks, opportunities and changing landscapes. Regularly reviews and implements tactics to optimize marketing plans, channel performance, response rates, audience demographics and executes industry best practice.
• Maximizes usage and adherence to Informa systems and processes, adopting a best practice and facilitating developments in line with internal and external requirements
• Fosters and leads internal partnerships, ensuring collaboration is driven with a customer focus.
Within the Pillar: Market Pillar Lead, Sales organization within Pillar and across Informa Tech, Research, Content, Customer Solutions & Success, Event Operations, Media and Marketing Services Delivery (Informa Engage).
Beyond the Pillar: Head of Strategy, Sales Lead, Marketing Leads of other pillars, Marketing Managers, Event Marketing Managers, Marketing Specialists, Product Managers, Media Agency, Marketing & Sales Operations.
Knowledge & Skills
• Marketing Automation; use of Marketing technology/software platforms to streamline marketing efforts and make them more effective.
• Proven industry/market pillar Knowledge; Events, Digital Media and Marketing Services
• SEO/SEM/Paid Social to drive awareness and grow audience.
• Knowledge of Channels, digital (web) marketing, Social Marketing, E-mail marketing, etc.
• Planning, developing and executing go-to-market strategic marketing plans and accurate forecasting.
• Engaging with team members of all levels, building long lasting relationships, utilizing highly developed communication and negotiation skills.
• Data Analytical Skills - review data and information, draw conclusions and actionable takeaways.
• Commerciality/Budget Management.
Experience & Qualifications
• Demonstrable experience in Campaign Management, forming and executing a strategy that raises awareness, generates interest and desire, and solicits action.
• Experience in Brand Marketing, establishing thought leadership, credibility and authority.
• Content Marketing experience; use of relevant, engaging content to attract and nurture prospects through the buyer journey.
• Building and maintaining relationships and understanding customer needs.
• Managing senior stakeholders and indirectly, large complex customers.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the competitive landscape.
• History of Marketing KPI delivery
• Strong collaboration and communication skills written, verbal, presentation.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a marketing function or agency
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Why work at Informa:
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.