Principal Analyst, Unified Communications
- 2301 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
Role Purpose: Working under supervision of Practice Leader-Workspace Services, creates high-quality syndicated research deliverables and executes successful consulting engagements. Establishes intelligence service research strategy and market positioning. Ensures Omdia amplifies its voice and builds its position as the source of data for strategies and services around Enterprise Collaboration. Works with sales and events teams, and assists marketing and sales efforts, promoting the practice and ensuring its ongoing success.
Main Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
· Maintains a compelling, commercially relevant research agenda, positioning Omdia as the definitive source of insight, and at the forefront of thought leadership around Enterprise Collaboration
· Thought leadership – Publish/present insights and be Omdia’s public voice in Enterprise Collaboration. Take advantage of opportunities to promote Omdia’s insights and the Omdia brand
· Primary research – foster key industry/client contacts through regular interaction, including (when possible) face-to-face meetings and events. Provide key client contacts with value through your opinions and insights on market developments
· Secondary research – use a range of secondary sources to support primary research including: Internet, in-house research, trade associations and media, public reports, financial releases, company press releases
· Collaboration & mentoring – collaborate with other members of the Workspace Services team, and the broader Service Provider Enterprise & Wholesale team, and/or with other teams within Omdia, to generate valuable cross-functional research. Foster more junior members of the team to help them develop as analysts.
· Writing – Provide well-written, concise qualitative analysis to support and justify data with a focus on changes and market developments; discuss the impact of technology and key market trends; include guidance and opinions on risks and opportunities
· Forecasting – Use primary and secondary research to generate market projections; use credible sources to support forecasts; log assumptions and work in a clear way; create the story around market development/opportunities/risks; develop forecast scenarios
· Sales support – Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals; review regularly and evolve the research offering.
Knowledge & Skills
· Leading industry knowledge of Enterprise Collaboration platforms and services
· Highly developed research skills
· Planning and executing outstanding reports that capture key market insights
· Multitasking – ability to prioritize and delegate competing tasks effectively
· Complex market sizing/forecasting models built and maintained in Excel
· Advanced ability to find and piece together insight from multiple sources and to “connect the dots”
Experience & Qualifications
· Recognized industry thought leader – “on the circuit”
· Ability informally to call on senior contacts for information and updates
· Comfortable hosting customer briefings and leading customer calls on core research areas
· Excel – advanced grasp of Excel for data manipulation, and pivot table creation
· Leads collaborative effort towards a common goal; knows when and where to seek support
· Ability to think outside the box in approaching problems to find innovative solutions
· Prioritizing time for competing tasks, and delegating manual tasks wherever possible
· Writing detailed, insightful and opinionated reports in a structured and concise way
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.