Senior Content Manager, Data Center Events & Programs
- 2301 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
We’re seeking a senior manager to join our data center portfolio that includes events, media, research, and a membership association. A successful candidate will understand how to deliver highly relevant content to our audiences across a variety of channels and be able to think expansively on how to optimize for growth.
Our Senior Program Manager will:
- Be responsible for Data Center World program agenda including development of theme, building program, recruitment of speakers, and supporting all program elements of the event
- Lead AFCOM team and drive organizational efficiencies and growth, develop calendar for and oversee development of membership content, and manage the prestigious Data Center Institute
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the Data Center Knowledge media site and Omdia market research firm to fulfill the vision of our data center portfolio
- Cultivate and steward industry relationships and partnerships that will help bolster Data Center World, AFCOM, and our data center portfolio as a whole
- Oversee creation of and management of new data center certification program
- Coordinate and oversee development of annual State of the Data Center report and presentation
- Experienced and knowledgeable in data center and events industries
- Exceptional communicator both verbal and written, and a confident public speaker
- Great team leader who can drive excitement and cultivate an inclusive culture
Data Center World: Now in its 41st year, Data Center World is the longest running data center conference, perfectly blending decades of experience with insight into current and future strategic issues. It’s the only large-scale data center conference paired with a data center membership association, ensuring a dedicated audience of passionate professionals who love to network. We provide unprecedented access to expert analysts and consultants from Omdia who can help shape data center strategies, and it is endorsed and supported by the Data Center Institute, the industry’s leading think tank for data center research and strategies.
AFCOM: AFCOM is the leading and longest-standing membership association in the data center industry. For more than 40 years, AFCOM has been advancing the careers of data center and IT professionals, working diligently to help its members meet the growing demands facing our industry. The membership includes people in IT, operations, facilities, risk, design, and marketing, and they stay current on industry information and trends through exclusive content, training and leadership development, networking, and research. Local AFCOM chapters are located across major metropolitan areas in the United States, Canada, and Australia, allowing members to connect to experts in their local data center communities.
Data Center Institute: The Data Center Institute is the think tank of AFCOM whose members focus on the emerging trends around innovation, technological change, macro-economic shifts, and workforce dynamics shaping the data center and IT infrastructure industry worldwide. Its mission is to advance knowledge and inform data center and IT infrastructure professionals through producing independent research, presenting webcasts, and speaking at industry conferences like Data Center World on major issues and opportunities affecting the future of data centers and IT infrastructures.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.