Sales Operations Manager - Minimum 3 Years Experience
- 6190 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Asset Intelligence & EquipmentWatch
Asset Intelligence, part of global media corporation Informa Group, is a market-leading provider of data and business intelligence to the US construction and transportation sector. Our digital media brands EquipmentWatch, Price Digest, Costtrax, and Fleetseek are used by contractors, government transportation bodies, equipment finance providers, and fleet companies to drive investment decisions and cost management strategies for their equipment fleets & assets. Our brands are market-leading digital subscription businesses, and our teams operate as part of a dynamic, passionate, and collaborative culture. For more information visit the website.
We are seeking a proactive, organized Sales Operations Manager (SSM) with a passion for getting things done, to provide administrative support to our successful sales team. You will oversee sales operations and administration across Asset Intelligences' 2 brands and will manage a small team of 2/3 sales administrators. It is important that the SSM takes a ‘hands-on approach to the role: Taking on team workload directly as well as managing/leading the team.
You will be responsible for sales order processes and customer and sales administration within the AI business unit. There is an opportunity to re-design and re-architect key processes, ensuring that the sales teams work as efficiently as possible and that sales rhythm and disciplines are optimal. This position will work very closely with the Sales Directors of the brands.
- Design and implement, in collaboration with the Sales Directors, the most optimal sales processes, administration systems, and practices for the Asset Intelligence teams
- Ensure sales reporting is optimal and timely for senior leadership
- Work with the Sales Analyst to ensure that CRM and order processing standards are optimal, and are clearly communicated and adhered to
- Advise sales leadership on the best sales systems to use (CRM, Linked in Sales Navigator, etc.), and support the implementation and use of these
- Maintain an organized and accessible library of media kits, decks, sell sheets, etc., for the sales team
- Spearhead cleanup efforts in our CRM database to ensure accuracy
- Attend meetings as required with sales staff and managers to discuss sales goals and inter-departmental coordination efforts
- Work directly with Sales reps and Legal team to review contracts for accuracy and compliance, facilitate contract signing and archiving process
- Provide support on the revenue reconciliation process, connect with Finance team to sort out mismatched invoices and statements
- Handle travel and other administrative duties for sales team and sales management
- Assist with compiling sales reports containing relevant information on agents, territories, quotas, inventories, budgets, leads, growth projections, and marketing initiatives
- Work directly with the accounting department to handle any billing discrepancies and movement of revenue from one month to another
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a sales operations environment, ideally in a B2B sales environment
- Management or supervisory experience
- Highly organized and efficient, with a passion for getting things done
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong numeracy/literacy skills. Confident with working with numbers and experienced at sales and financial reporting and drafting written communication
- Proficient in major software platforms (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint etc.), and experienced with using Sales CRM and management tools
- A thirst to learn and a passion to win
- Strong people skills, and able to deal with multi-disciplinary skills
Why Work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa, that's why we continually invest in our colleagues and culture so it remains a dynamic, modern and welcoming place to work. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates we are also flexible with different working patterns, prioritizes internal promotions, and get:
- To work for the largest publicly owned events business with plentiful opportunities to grow and develop
- Clear learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career growth and goal achievement
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 volunteering days, plus birthday PTO
- Competitive medical & health benefits, including vision and dental
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan with 401(k) match
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuters benefit - save money on transportation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) - buy Informa stock with a guaranteed discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.