Sales Development Representative
- Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES IN THE US
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through targeted digital services, virtual and face-to-face exhibitions and actionable data solutions, our 450+ brands provide buyers and sellers around the world with opportunities to connect. As the world’s leading market-making company, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
DNA is a new business venture within Informa Markets that leverages our unique first-party data to generate new revenue, connecting customers with intelligent, verified leads in a smarter way.
As the world’s largest and leading trade show organization, Informa Markets connects our global audiences through face-to-face events, content, online learning, virtual events, matchmaking, and most relevant for this role, B2B programmatic advertising campaigns. The DNA group within Informa Markets leverages our unprecedented access to detailed first party registration data to fuel highly targeted B2B programmatic advertising campaigns on behalf of our clients. We are creating the role of Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help the existing sales team carry the weight of the first stages of our sales cycle with outbound prospecting and proposal development in particular.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, resilient and organized individual with a willingness to learn and grow within our rapidly expanding organization.
The ideal candidate has some understanding of the digital and advertising landscape and possesses polished communication skills, whether through email, over the phone, in video calls or in face to face scenarios. You will initiate outbound sales prospecting drives and qualify potential sales contacts based on the likelihood that they would be interested and able to purchase our solutions. In addition you would assist the sales team with the other early stages of the sales process such as media plan and proposal origination.
Objectives of this Role
The purpose of the SDR is to identify and qualify sales prospects for the Audience and Data Solutions portfolio. A strong balance of skills is required to capture and hold the attention of prospective customers and ultimately schedule meetings for them to have first contact with the Sales Executive team. This involves a certain amount of grit and determination, tolerance for rejection, resilience, research skills, and very strong social skills.
The SDR is responsible for researching, prospecting and setting appointments with qualified sales prospects.
The SDR will also be called upon to assist the sales team with media plan and proposal origination and at times follow up on prospects to assist with moving the sales pipeline along.
It is important that the SDR is able to empathize with the customer’s objective / marketing strategy and translate this to a solution based conversation.
The SDR role will involve a combination of phone, video calls, e-mail and face-to-face contact with customers to develop prospects.
Daily & Monthly Responsibilities
Proactively find new ways to discover and get the attention of new prospects.
Maintain accurate and timely customer information and notes within Salesforce (CRM system) so that other Sales team members and business unit functions stay informed with the latest customer dialogue.
Manage the handing over of sale information and customer requirements (via Salesforce) to the Sales Executive team.
ILLUSTRATIVE ROLE METRICS:
Individual performance metrics
Number of new prospects qualified
New meetings scheduled
Follow up meetings scheduled
Find, qualify and schedule meetings with prospects for DNA solutions.
Work with the sales team to develop best practices for outreach.
Develop media plans and proposals.
Follow up on existing leads in the pipeline to assist in moving towards a close in the sales process.
Skills & Qualifications
- Some knowledge of the digital media and advertising landscape.
- Commercial acumen.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with automated sales email outreach systems like Clearslide and Yesware a plus.
- Strong research and organizational skills.
- Strong client-facing and social skills.
- Great communication skills.
Preferred Experience & Mindset
- Some experience working in AdTech/MarTech industries an advantage.
- Strong sense of accountability and commitment.
- Naturally curious and capable of comprehending complex professional markets and workflows.
- Determination, grit, resilience, adaptability, willingness to learn, and a sense of the “Hunt.”
- This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who is comfortable with a fast-paced environment, has a strong bias for action and is looking for a real growth opportunity.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!
- Why Informa: https://informa.com/talent/why-work-at-informa
- What we do: https://informa.com/about-us/what-we-do/
- Informa.com: https://informa.com/
- Informa Markets: https://careers.informa.com/informa-markets/vacancies.aspx
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.