Senior Marketing Manager
- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
In every market and industry, business opportunity and success come from attracting and engaging with customers, generating leads, showcasing products and researching and discovering the latest solutions.
Informa Markets organizes over 550 market leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Seatrade Cruise produces a range of major annual events and intimate experiences, each a beacon for leaders, executives, delegates, and solution providers from every sector of the cruise industry and every corner of the earth. From the leading online news site and print publication, to physical and virtual conferences and exhibitions, to networking events and an annual awards, Seatrade Cruise puts you at the centre of the global cruising universe. This is an international portfolio with the headline event taking place annually in Miami.
We are seeking a digital savvy, highly motivated senior marketing manager with experience of designing and delivering complex integrated campaigns. The individual needs to be analytical and data orientated with a history of testing and optimization, but with creative flair and exceptional attention to detail.
The candidate should have experience of marketing automation technologies and be accustomed to delivering in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and have plenty of experience in managing teams and together deliver as a united team.
- Line manage a Senior Content Marketing Executive, Sales Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Executive working across a range of events. Remote team management for non-direct reports will also be required.
- Provide guidance, feedback and inspiration to line reports
- Work with line reports & marketing team to ensure successful delivery of marketing campaigns in line with agreed KPI’s, event and divisional strategy
- Work with line reports to develop skills and competencies and ensure they have a clear development roadmap
PLANNING & CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- Work with show teams to plan product (largely exhibitions) marketing campaigns to meet strategic objectives
- Build operational implementation plans and ensure adherence to deadlines (including Gant charts, Time & Action Plans, Content Calendars, Budget Trackers)
- Identify target media, associations and industry partners and determine how they fit within the integrated campaign
- Develop marketing budgets in line with plans and maintain budget trackers
- Appoint and manage external suppliers
- Work with internal teams and external agencies to deliver digital marketing, social media and PR in line with marketing plans to hit agreed KPI's
- Optimise spend across marketing channels
- Recommend website strategy to maximise relevant traffic and conversion
- Identify target universe and key segments within target universe
- Develop personas, value propositions and messaging for each of the key segments
- Copy writing - according to strengths within the team - in line with the content calendar and messaging. Ensuring all content is provided in translated formats where required.
- Send timely, relevant communications through full mix of channels and optimise the effectiveness of these channels
- Monitor and adjust digital marketing activity based on performance metrics
- Develop and deliver Content Calendar through relevant channels (email marketing, social media, digital marketing, direct mail etc)
- Establish relationships with and manage strategically important partners to ensure maximum exposure at lowest cost to show budget
- Maintain active social media channels in line with market expectations, monitor engagement and maximise conversion
- Direct and coordinate the design and production of all marketing collateral to be determined within the marketing plan
- Ensure all marketing collateral, email marketing, website content and digital marketing is thoroughly proofed, adheres to brand guidelines and agreed Informa standards
- Established experience in marketing
- Strong track record of successful brand marketing - including brand and creative development, CRM, digital content marketing, PR
- Experience of line management is essential – you know how to get the most out of your team
- Commercially driven
- Thorough understanding & experience of digital (PPC, SEO, online advertising) and direct marketing
- Database development and growth including segmentation / advanced targeting
- Building relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Analytical and questioning mindset
- Significant exposure to design and print suppliers / agencies
- Strong copywriting skills
- Deadline and target driven
- Experience of working in a pressurised environment across multiple time-zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including intermediate/advanced PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Technology savvy. Able to quickly adopt and work with new technology solutions.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take days off to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.