Learning and Performance Partner
- 5541 Central Ave, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
There's no such thing as a typical Informa colleague…And that's how we like it. Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to connect and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, made richer by best-in-class digital data solutions. With nearly 4,000 colleagues in over 30 countries, we have a diverse range of talent, and our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness. We offer a working environment that leverages the opportunity of a FTSE 100 company with the spirit of independence and entrepreneurship.
People are at the heart of Informa Markets. We are passionate about connection and growth—both internally and externally. Our colleagues can expect a commitment to professional and personal development, sustainable practice, allyship, and competitive benefits. Our customers can expect a passionate commitment to using our industry insight, in-person platforms, content, and digital resources to create environments that enable businesses to flourish and connect.
The Learning & Performance Partner reports directly to the Head of Global Learning & Performance. This position is accountable for the creation, coordination and delivery of learning programs and performance tools across the Americas region of the Informa Market’s division.
Given Informa is a truly global business, there are many key stakeholders located in various locations. Key stakeholder management is therefore key to the success of this position. While this role is based in the United States, there may be a requirement for overseas travel to deliver training in some of our other key regions (Brazil, Europe, Middle East, Mexico, Australia and Turkey, etc.)
Working within a small team, the role will require the ability to have a hands-on approach in creating and supporting the wider IM Learning strategy. This varied role would particularly suit candidates who would relish the opportunity to use their established skills on a range of accountabilities and learning topics. You will enjoy the challenge of designing and delivering impactful solutions that you can be proud of. If you live and breathe learning and performance, this opportunity is for you!
There is no such thing as a typical week as this role requires a degree of adaptability and agile, tactical delivery (Think Big, Act Small is one of our Guiding Principles). The following summarizes the key responsibilities which shape this role with some examples of what this might look like in reality.
Analyzing and Identifying (15%)
- You might be facilitating focus groups with your fellow HR Business Partners to understand the skills shortage which exists in their business groups.
- You might be arranging a working group with our subject matter experts to understand the challenges a new initiative would have on colleagues.
- You might be working with Leaders or Managers to understand the challenges they have in making product knowledge accessible to sales teams at their point of need.
- You might be interpreting insights from our learning data and making skill recommendations to business groups, HRBPs and Leaders.
Designing (approx. 30%)
- You might be gathering subject matter experts and top performers in our teams to produce bitesize video content to build an essentials pathway.
- You might be designing and curating content to produce a variety of learning solutions (Webinars, Classroom, E-Learning, etc.) that match the identified needs of our key skills (e.g. People, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Content).
Engaging (approx. 20%)
- You might be coordinating and guiding the development of a series of expert-led webinars (referred to as IM Talks) to share knowledge with our teams.
- You might be managing and driving course completion of eLearning programs within our Learning Management System (Absorb).
- You might be working with internal communications and marketing experts to shape global self-directed learning opportunities for key campaigns and initiatives.
- You might be managing and driving course completion of our programs within the LMS.
- You might be driving the use of our IM Mentoring program using our Mentorloop platform to encourage role-specific mentoring and knowledge sharing.
Delivering (approx. 20%)
- You might be delivering content to improve a specific skill from our Sales, Marketing, Content or Operations offerings.
- You might be delivering content from our People catalog i.e. our behavioral skills courses.
- You might be delivering certification content from our Exhibition Management pathway.
- You might be training internal experts on virtual presentation skills so they can deliver global webinars to share their expertise.
Measuring and Improving (approx. 15%)
- You might be analyzing the return on investment and expectations of a skill development intervention through insights gathered from Power BI.
- You might be assessing the continuous improvement opportunities for solutions based on colleague and management feedback.
- You might be producing leadership reports to demonstrate business impact and colleague engagement with learning initiatives and platforms.
- You might be ensuring your Continual Professional Development (CPD) is relevant and in place by working at an event, absorbing LinkedIn Learning knowledge or completing internal certifications.
In addition to our Guiding Principles which define how to work within our culture, this role requires the following critical skills.
- Must have an understanding of, and experience with, techniques used in the science of adult learning, behavior change and motivation.
- Must have proven ability to effectively influence without authority.
- Must have a strong collaboration mindset to create engagements across multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Must have established training design and delivery experience.
- Must have experience delivering training to all levels within organizations.
- Must have functional content creation experience (e.g. developing job-specific training content).
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Training qualification (e.g. CIPD, ATD) preferred, but not essential
- Experience working within an Exhibitions environment in either Sales, Marketing, Operations or Content teams
- Experience with managing competency and skills creation processes
- Experience creating online learning (e-learning) content
- Experience working with a Learning Management System
- Experience working with LinkedIn Learning
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package (between $60,000 to $65,000 based on preferred background and experience for this location)
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.