Entry-level Data Analyst - One Year of Experience or Internship
- 6190 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS POSITION WILL SPLIT TIME IN THE OFFICE SO BALANCED IN-OFFICE WORK WILL BE REQUIRED WITHIN THE ATLANTA, GA REGION.
About Informa Asset Intelligence & EquipmentWatch
Asset Intelligence, part of global media corporation Informa Group, is a market leading provider of data and business intelligence to the US construction and transportation sector. Our digital media brands EquipmentWatch, Price Digest, Costtrax and Fleetseek are used by contractors, government transportation bodies, equipment finance providers and fleet companies to drive investment decisions and cost management strategies for their equipment fleets & assets. Our brands are market-leading digital subscription businesses, and our teams operate as part of a dynamic, passionate and collaborative culture.
For more information visit the website.
As a Data Analyst, you will support the maintenance of internal databases utilized by EquipmentWatch & Price Digests, industry-leading analytics, and benchmarking sources for off-highway equipment and on-highway vehicles. You will be responsible for the collection and organization of new data points from a variety of sources, cleansing existing data, testing data coverage against the market, and running bi-monthly data sprints. The Senior Data Specialist will work closely with Data Analysts and Data Specialists to dynamically expand market coverage into new branches of the industry.
The ideal candidate has (1) year of data entry experience and understands the need for data accuracy and cleanliness. The company is in a high-growth phase and the ideal candidate is an individual with an interest in analytics and the ability to develop further in this role. This position is temporarily working from home with a balanced work environment between a physical office and home in the near future.
- Maintains and assists in the development of scaled collection and review processes to keep equipment databases in line with industry trends.
- Develops expertise and innovation for quality control processes supporting EquipmentWatch and Price Digests.
- Clearly communicates needs with analyst and management staff.
- Reports weekly progress to analysts and managers.
- Runs bi-monthly sprint processes and assists the other team members
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a data analyst function
- A strong base of research skills to assess, interpret, and translate data from multiple primary and secondary sources into well-organized data collections
- Software Knowledge– strong working knowledge of SQL, R, MS Excel, and internet research. Interest in learning new skills such as coding languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to consult, partner, and work effectively with analyst leaders and business partners across cultures and functions
- Process improvement skills to identify opportunities for the advancement of data collection and management
- Desire to advance in the understanding of data collection and organization.
- Associate degree or equivalent required
Why Work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa, that's why we continually invest in our colleagues and culture so it remains a dynamic, modern and welcoming place to work. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates we are also flexible with different working patterns, prioritizes internal promotions, and get:
- To work for the largest publicly owned events business with plentiful opportunities to grow and develop
- Clear learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career growth and goal achievement
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 volunteering days, plus birthday PTO
- Competitive medical & health benefits, including vision and dental
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan with 401(k) match
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuters benefit - save money on transportation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) - buy Informa stock with a guaranteed discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.