Junior Sales Engineer - 1 to 3 YOE
- 6190 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Asset Intelligence
Informa's Asset Intelligence provides pricing data and cost information to businesses making decisions and investments in heavy construction equipment, commercial vehicles, and other infrastructure assets. We use proprietary data collection models to extract, transform, and load millions of data points each month, covering hundreds of thousands of vehicles and equipment types.
Learn more: https://bit.ly/3fLlgYl
Who buys our data
Our data is trusted by equipment insurers, financial companies, governments, and public sector and private entities. We provide them with direct access to critical data through digital subscriptions, API integrations, and custom data delivery. We convert data into actionable insights via interactive dashboards, digital reporting, and consulting.
As a Junior Sales Engineer, you will play a major role in the support of the Asset Intelligence practice, and its brands. You will be responsible for generating accurate operating cost data for clients; this data will be used to generate insights on equipment and vehicle parts. You will work with product specialists and senior data analysts to integrate clean data into our digital subscription products and APIs.
For this role, we would prefer to hire someone with a technical background with applied experience of at least 1 full year. Prior to this, we would like to find someone with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Data Analytics, or Mathematics. The ideal candidate will maintain data accuracy and data cleanliness, someone familiar with data management and who has an interest in heavy equipment or construction technology.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has worked for a software technology or data analytics company as an individual contributor
- Is comfortable working with large data sets and delivering custom solutions through data analysis
- Has cleaned data and understands data management best practices; data protection, security, quality, and process management
- Has a solid technical background with an understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Translate and explain highly complex technical information
- Manage all technical aspects of cost requests and projects
- Serve as a point of contact for consulting initiatives between sales and other analyst teams
- Will can documentation related to datasets, software, and analysis to ensure that the team is using the same language and definitions
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a sales engineer or having done data collection and management
- Proficiency with data modeling and/or programming languages (SQL, Python, R) is required
- Ability to analyze large, complex datasets and communicate insights effectively to the sales, product, and customer success teams
- Bachelor’s degree in mainly technical disciplines
- Experience with data collection and conducting data quality checks
- Ability to meet project deadlines as indicated in a project plan and assigned tasks
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse, and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career development and ambitions
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering, and your Birthday off
- Health and medical benefits via Cigna Healthcare
- Retirement plan with 401k match of up to 6 percent
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder and buy private equity shares at a discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.