Principal Analyst - Critical Communications
- 3301 Northland Dr, Austin, TX 78731, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Principal Analyst provides unique, distinct and valuable research and consulting about Licensed Mobile Radio and Critical Communications Broadband contributing to the success of Omdia’s Critical Communications Area and consulting in terms of research quality and timeliness, marketing, sales, thought leadership and customer satisfaction. The Principal Analyst role is responsible for:
- Data – highly credible and consistent base data, market shares and forecasts;
- Develop complex quantitative market models and forecasts
- Reports – detailed and insightful text to support data and to provide customers with clear guidance on market outlook, trends, landscape and tech impact
- Thought leadership – regular and recognized market insight on changes, risks and opportunity
- Presentations – public speaking at industry or client events
- Consulting – leading small customer projects and contributing to large ones
The Principal Analyst is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Coverage – keeping the research fresh by understanding customer needs; enhancing the research each cycle and continually adding value to ensure our products and services have clear USPs.
- Primary research – interviews with key industry contacts across a spectrum of company types; attending trade shows; face-to-face visits to support relationships with leading industry figures; using a range of secondary sources to support primary research including (but not limited to) trade journals, in-house research, trade bodies, public reports, financial releases, company press releases
- Building base data – Using primary and secondary research to build credible base data; ensuring sufficient and continually improving coverage of market players; creating estimates where publicly available sources are not available; ensuring consistency with related data/markets; logging all assumptions and workings in a clear way; identifying time saving workarounds
- Forecasting – Using primary and secondary research to generate market projections; using credible sources to support forecasts; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way; creating the story around market development/opportunities/risks; develop forecast scenarios
- Analysis – Providing qualitative analysis to support and justify data with a focus on change and development; understand and communicate the “so what?”; discuss the impact of technology and key market trends; include guidance on risks and opportunities
- Thought leadership – Produce written insights and press material to support specific research/market outputs; be opinionated and look for opportunities to comment on industry news
- Sales support – Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals; use scoping to continually evolve the research offering
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Preferred In-depth knowledge of the Critical Communications/5G/Telecommunications market, players, adoption drivers and application
- Highly developed primary research interview and data gathering skills an advantage
- Multitasking – ability to prioritise competing tasks effectively
- Ability to find and piece together data from multiple sources and to connect the dots; able to create the “story”
- Use assumptions and logical thinking to create estimates, scenarios and forecasts
- Planning and executing deliverables to capture key research highlights
- 3-5 years experience as a analyst or at a critical communications company.
- Demonstrable experience in using a variety of media for outreach and developing relationships
- Ability to host and/or lead customer briefings and calls
- Excel – solid grasp of Excel for data building, data manipulation, and pivot table creation
- Experience working collaboratively towards a common goal; knows who and where to seek support
- Ability to find innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Creating insightful and opinionated reports in a structured and concise way
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.