Business Development Manager - Marketing Services
- De Entree 73, 1101 BH Amsterdam, Netherlands
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence
Pharma Intelligence currently has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Business Development Manager interested in joining a world leader in our Marketing Services Division. Informa is an expanding global business and this is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated sales professional looking to establish a fruitful career selling content marketing in a world renowned and ever-growing Business Insights portfolio.
The Business Development Manager will be leading and developing client relationships, driving new business opportunities on multiple products and services. Selling Pharma Intelligences News content marketing, advertising, and industry awards sponsorships. On a daily basis you will:
- Build new accounts in the Pharma and Medtech sector on products including Scrip, Pink Sheet Medtech Insights and In Vivo - delivering content marketing, thought leadership placement and advertising revenue growth.
- Work with client to build bespoke marketing services campaigns including custom content, research and thought leadership programs
- Identify and convince new accounts to invest in innovative ways of engaging our high value subscription audiences
- Drive marketing/advertising new business both from existing and new account prospects and media agencies
- Work closely with the existing sales teams to complement and grow the business with new revenue streams
- Practice a consultative approach to identifying the customers needs and marketing objectives by asking targeted open ended questions to understands a customer’s challenges
- Assess varying needs and match solutions to right business and customer by ensuring benefits are understood
- Responsible for managing campaigns from start to finish and documenting results for post campaign debriefs and renewals
- Assist the production team to ensure advertising campaigns go live on the site without a hitch, are successfully optimized, and perform to client standards
- Delivery of performance reports to clients and benchmarking those results against similar campaigns
- Maintaining a knowledge of the industry in which you work and an awareness of factors that may affect your business
- Prior experience selling content marketing is key in this role
- Fluent Italian is essenital
- You must have an understanding of integrated B2B marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of developing new revenue streams through creative publishing digital solutions and events
- You have a thorough understanding of selling the benefits of marketing to a subscription audience
- You have previously collaborated with marketing colleagues to understand their functionalities
- Familiar with selling and managing B2B advertising accounts and agencies
- After developing a book of business, you have been effective in utilizing a recognized key account management structure
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.