Senior Accountant - Finance Integration Projects - 12 Month FTC
- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
This role is responsible for business specific deliverables for either a dedicated division or across multiple divisions. You will have responsibility and ownership for accounting of finance integration/disposal projects as well as the provision of data for reporting purposes to the relevant divisions.
You will be responsible for offering support & guidance to colleagues on difficult issues as an expert on the accounting process for finance integration projects. You will also be considered as a specialist in the specific business division you are working in and responsible for the more complex, higher accounting skill duties.
You will be responsible for ensuring a high value service is provided to key business partners and group finance through effective collaboration with your team and business counterparties.
You will be expected to support the annual statutory audit process and ensure all MDM/GPO processes are followed.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Senior Accountant – Finance Integration Projects is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- SSC Liaison with Divisional Finance Business Partners, R2R Finance Managers and their teams, Corporate Development, the Divisional CFO (for the division in which this role organisationally sits), Group Finance and Group Tax
- Responsible for the monthly close process in relation to the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts related to the Finance Integration/Disposal Projects
- Details include; Reconciliations, Accruals, Allocations, Pre-payments and provision of monthly reports per division in accordance with the published month end timetable
- Ensure draft numbers are signed off by all divisional finance business partners
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed in accordance with Balance Sheet Integrity guidelines
- Financial Reporting and Analysis including, Group reporting, supplementary packs and ad-hoc requests
- Consolidate the data from different legal entities in the ERP systems and reconcile to data in SAP FC (Group Financial Consolidation system) for all the projects
- Ensure relevant communications are handled between the SSC, Group finance and the Divisional Business Finance Teams
- Working on projects within the SSC and department including key process testing & systems
- Working with internal and external auditors
- Analyse and solve Adhoc problems using knowledge of business and systems
- Ensure that transfer pricing aspects of transactions are considered and ensure compliance (through liaison with Group Tax)
- Qualified Accountant with Strong knowledge and understanding of all R2R processes including best practice in R2R, people, processes and technology
- Significant knowledge of SAP system
- Experience in working in a Finance Shared Services environment is preferable
- A track record of continuous professional and management development
- Knowledge of dealing with acquisitions and disposals would be preferable
- Knowledge of lean, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies would be preferable
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.