Talent Acquisition Partner
- 5541 Central Ave, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
There's no such thing as a typical Informa colleague…And that's how we like it. Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to connect and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, made richer by best-in-class digital data solutions. With nearly 4,000 colleagues in over 30 countries, we have a diverse range of talent, and our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness. We offer a working environment that leverages the opportunity of a FTSE 100 company with the spirit of independence and entrepreneurship.
People are at the heart of Informa Markets. We are passionate about connection and growth—both internally and externally. Our colleagues can expect a commitment to professional and personal development, sustainable practice, allyship, and competitive benefits. Our customers can expect a passionate commitment to using our industry insight, in-person platforms, content, and digital resources to create environments that enable businesses to flourish and connect.
Our talented, passionate colleagues are what makes Informa Markets the leader in our industry and the ability to attract and retain exceptional talent is a top priority for the business. As a Talent Acquisition Partner, you will be working in a critical role responsible for attracting and hiring the very best talent in the market.
Fostering excellent stakeholder relationships within Informa Markets and across the wider Informa business is critical to your success in this role. An inquisitive approach in learning the various business groups you’ll support is paramount to determining what the business needs truly are and then creating strategies to find, engage and hire diverse talent.
This is an exciting time to be joining Informa Markets, especially within the Talent Acquisition function, as we look to broaden our scope of services and focus on a commercial transformation that includes industry-leading digital and data product offerings.
As a Talent Acquisition Partner, the key areas of focus are:
- Be actively engaged with the strategy that provides a best-in-class candidate and hiring manager experience using an agile and continuous process improvement approach. This includes the pre-hire, post-offer, and onboarding phases.
- Champion diversity with an unbiased and progressive approach in our recruitment practices through continuous learning, teachings, and communication to actively progress our diversity in people and thinking.
- Support Informa’s overall digital and data commercial transformation strategy by collaborating with senior leadership on driving internal and cross-divisional synergies, with a focus on helping to define and regularly calibrate identified talent profiles.
Team Dynamics and Representative
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Team Leader to create a collaborative team environment that balances the strengths of each individual teammate, sharing responsibilities and priorities as appropriate, meeting targets, and achieving performance goals that include receiving and providing regular, meaningful feedback. Promoting workplace diversity, inclusion, wellbeing, and work/life balance will be a key component of this role.
- Represent regional interests and promote solutions on behalf of Informa Markets during divisional and Group-wide projects.
- Act as a product ambassador for the company’s applicant tracking system, Smart Recruiters, collate feedback, and suggest process & product improvements to provide a world-class candidate and hiring manager experience.
Key Stakeholder Relationships
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partnering Team and the Reward Team to share market trend knowledge and develop cross-functional strategies to attract and retain talent through competitive compensation packages and offers.
- Partner with regional HR VP on wider HR projects and attend meetings with key stakeholders to better understand the wider HR agenda for the business portfolios.
- Coordinate with local HR support service teams to ensure proper candidate onboarding and manager handoff.
- Work collaboratively with the HR community to ensure we are attracting candidates from diverse backgrounds and in alignment with our DI&B policies.
Reporting, Analysis & Compliance
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Team Leader with producing meaningful data analysis coupled with insights to share with stakeholders and HR leadership. Focus on agreed to areas such as quality of hire rating, diversity, retention and use technology to collaborate as a team to analyze process flows and pinch points.
- Evaluate external labor market conditions, analyze hiring trends, turnover rates, and candidate feedback to recommend changes, improvements, and solutions quarterly.
- Advise on localized legislation, US Federal law relating to recruitment operations and compliance. Proactively flag issues and offer solutions to stakeholders.
You will have experience of direct in-house recruiting and working as part of a team – what we’re after is an organized, passionate, emotionally intelligent, focused and gregarious, proactive hunter of talent who can work in an oftentimes ambiguous, complex, fast-moving environment and engage even the most passive talent. Experience in the (digital) media sector, or with data-driven companies is preferable. You will also want to ensure you have the following…
- Previous end-to-end lifecycle recruitment experience without a heavy reliance on agencies or other third-party providers such as RPO services. Prior success as a self-starter is a must.
- Recent experience working as a talent acquisition professional within a collaborative team environment.
- Success with recruiting for a broad range of roles simultaneously.
- You have a consultative nature and are comfortable engaging with hiring managers and leadership at all levels of the business. Experience with advising stakeholders through talent transformation, especially related to digital or data-focused roles, is preferable.
- You have a natural ability to sell opportunity and influence tactfully and thoughtfully.
- You are entrepreneurial and love autonomy for yourself and the team you work with. We won’t be measuring call times or how much time you spend at your desk, but your personal work ethic and tenacity always get exceptional results.
- You don’t hesitate to change things up if you spot something that isn’t working and prefer to work more agile as opposed to a rigid, structured environment.
- You proactively seek opportunities to create helpful resources, mentor and provide guidance on processes, appropriate interview techniques and questions when partnering with hiring managers and others involved in the hiring process.
- You have an organized and structured approach with your day-to-day activities to ensure expectations and deadlines are met and you prefer overseeing and managing your own calendar, scheduling, and logistics of interviews.
- You will be an excellent communicator both internally and externally – you can craft brilliant e-mails and hold beautifully engaging discussions.
- You have an eye for detail, nothing gets past you.
- You care about the experience of your customers (both candidate and hiring manager) and understand what can make the process painful and proactively seek solutions for those when possible.
- You are energetic and able to harness your energy to inspire and influence others, your passion for connecting the right talent with the right opportunity is palpable.
- You will jump in and help your team, fellow HR colleagues, or other areas of the business without thinking twice.
What We offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package (between $60,000 to $80,000 based on preferred background and experience for this location)
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.