Portfolio Marketing Manager | NYC office based
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
Are you passionate about getting a deep understanding of customers to connect them to your solutions and do their jobs better?
Driven by our mission to bring transparency to shipping, Lloyd’s List Intelligence transforms data, information and expertise into actionable analytics, insight and perspective that create value for customers. For almost 300 years we’ve been the go-to partner for maritime intelligence and today help over 60,000 professionals do their jobs better.
Lloyd’s List Intelligence, a global company, part of Informa plc, is looking for an experienced Portfolio Marketing professional to join it’s expanding team of 14 to drive customer centric communication across defined global Government and Commodity markets.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Marketing, we’re hiring a Portfolio Marketing Manager to define opportunities to deliver value to professionals in maritime trade compliance and commercial roles and deliver the Marketing initiatives needed to convert them to revenue growth.
This role is a key driver in the evolution from selling products to solutions and therefore it requires the ability to drive cross-functional go-to-market initiatives and a proven track record in generating demand based on customer problems, not products.
Lead and deliver organisation revenue growth through an in-depth understanding of the key markets, target audiences and revenue opportunities. Represent the voice of the customer, work cross functionally to build a single view of the customer and collaborate to explore and deliver go-to-market success.
- Create and deliver marketing plans that include the key opportunities for growth, and major issue-based themes that will be communicated into target markets to drive demand.
- Understand buyer personas, and how they buy, to inform campaigns, content and innovation.
- Maintain and update materials defining the Decision Making Unit, personas and value propositions.
- Analyse current and addressable markets to determine their propensity to buy.
- Map the potential buying process for the solution, including key roles that participate in it.
- Bring new and existing solutions to market with integrated campaigns to maximise reach and engagement.
- Manage a backlog and roadmap of revenue initiatives to test across white space, upsell and cross sell.
Messaging and Content:
- Create and execute content strategies that encapsulate audience-centric messaging and value propositions.
- Build relevant content for buyer roles to consume in a variety of formats across target market buyer journeys.
- Enable sales to sell more via appropriate knowledge transfer, content and Go-To-Market programs.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a global B2B Marketing management role.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of marketing planning, product marketing, marketing communications, budget management, campaign planning and execution as well as the knowledge of the processes and tools necessary to support these activities.
- Previously developed and delivered localized global marketing plans and reporting the impact and contribution to business and marketing goals.
- Have a proven track record in understanding products/solutions and customers to create compelling value propositions, highlighting customer benefit and competitive differentiation.
- Have worked in a matrix and delegated effectively to deliver marketing activities and campaigns.
- As expert in delivering localized marketing communications within APAC, specifically greater China.
- Have a proved track record in effective day to day management of resource to deliver successful marketing campaigns on time and to budget.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to align activities to strategic priorities and develop relationships across the organization.
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on-time results
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in marketing SaaS, business data, analytics, or B2B complex solutions and products preferred.
- Knowledge of the maritime ecosystem an advantage.
- Educated to degree level: Marketing or Business preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
About Informa Intelligence
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group.
We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Commuters benefit
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
- International travel as and when required
- Rated as one of the top 5 large companies to work for in the UK, we also offer a world class career development program, as well as an award-winning flexible benefits package.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.