Business Development Manager - Construction Tech - Fully Remote
- 300 W 15th St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Asset Intelligence & EquipmentWatch
Asset Intelligence, part of global media corporation Informa Group, is a market leading provider of data and business intelligence to the US construction and transportation sector. Our digital media brands EquipmentWatch, Price Digest, Costtrax and Fleetseek are used by contractors, government transportation bodies, equipment finance providers and fleet companies to drive investment decisions and cost management strategies for their equipment fleets & assets. Our brands are market-leading digital subscription businesses, and our teams operate as part of a dynamic, passionate and collaborative culture.
For more information visit the website.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for EquipmentWatch, our largest brand, and Costtrax. Working as part of a team of 5, they will be responsible for developing and closing new business subscriptions from a combination of outbound activity and conversion of inbound leads.
This is a telephone/Inside sales-based role, and comes with a base salary and generous sales commission. This role would suit an experienced salesperson with excellent communication skills and track record. They must have a flair and passion for new business development and be a proven closer.
- Responsible for a sales quota and for overachieving vs revenue targets
- Demonstrates the optimum sales methodology to achieve maximum results from their quota
- Adapts sales methodology according to customer requirement
- Strong coverage of target base, ensuring all prospects and leads are contacted and developed in a timely fashion
- Comfortable with outbound selling/business development. Develops a strong pipeline based on market context, current customer profile
- Maintains strong pipeline and productivity disciplines in according with Asset Intelligence overall Sales KPIs and standards, utilizing our CRM and sales management platforms. Key KPIs will include:
- Call rates
- Confirmed sales demonstration rates
- Pipeline generation
- Close rates
- Financial metrics
- Works closely with Customer Success Team to deploy these specialists in appropriate sales demonstrations/training engagements
- Strong negotiator, who adheres to pricing disciplines to maximize revenue
- Strong sales administration skills with regards to contracting, order processing and management of suspended accounts
- Maintains excellent market and product knowledge and monitors industry trends
- Maintains excellent relationships with other Asset Intelligence teams and department
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience, ideally in a subscription/digital subscription/B2B media/data/intelligence/SaaS environment
- Proven new business track record
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Proficient in major software platforms (Microsoft Office, etc), and experienced with using Sales CRM and management tools
- A thirst to learn and a passion to win
Why Work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa, that's why we continually invest in our colleagues and culture so it remains a dynamic, modern and welcoming place to work. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates we are also flexible with different working patterns, prioritizes internal promotions, and get:
- To work for the largest publicly owned events business with plentiful opportunities to grow and develop
- Clear learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career growth and goal achievement
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 volunteering days, plus birthday PTO
- Competitive medical & health benefits, including vision and dental
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan with 401(k) match
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuters benefit - save money on transportation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) - buy Informa stock with a guaranteed discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.