Editor, American City and County
- 6190 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Editor sets and delivers audience-engaging content for American City and County, through writing and managing internal and external contributors, maximizing the reach and impact of content. Maximizes re-use and re-purpose of content across all natures.
What they produce
• Delivery of content to time, quality, and cost
• Management of content, including webinars and virtual events
• Develop a list of influential sources and contacts within the local government community
The Editor is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Contributes toward the development and implementation of the editorial strategy for American City & County platform.
• Reviews Content Performance and Audience Needs, Assess value delivered from existing content vs cost/effort to produce. Assess the current and anticipated information and content needs of target audience.
• Produce and develop Editorial Content for Content Agenda, meeting needs of target audience.
• Leads coverage of the local government industry, including daily news products, feature content, data and surveys, and commercial products.
• Works with other editors within other pillars to assess the viability of co-branded or joint content.
• Identify relevant new events and content trends and position new content to take advantage of these.
Best practice/measuring performance/innovation
• Works within best practice editorial environment, driving efficiency and effectiveness. Promotes and utilizes appropriate tools and approach. Implements initiatives which improve performance of content, including social media.
• Reports accurate personal forecasting and performance metrics to key internal and external stakeholders
• Develops internal partnerships, ensuring collaboration is driven with a customer focus.
• Maximizes usage and adherence to Informa systems and processes adopting a best practice and facilitating developments in line with internal and external requirements
• Customers, Advisors and Influencers within the Community served
• Content Creation, across natures of business, and Operations to plan and deliver Content Agenda
• Audience evaluation to respond to changing audience needs, competitive landscape and associated content needs
• Client Solutions and Success to balance resources and scheduling of sponsored content
• Marketing to fulfil content marketing requirements
• Sales to connect content agendas and target audience personas to client segment marketing objectives
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong market knowledge and ability to connect established and emerging topics to target audience persona needs
• Ability to set plans and manage delivery across range of content
• Ability to collaborate effectively with pillar and central capabilities
• Ability to source and manage internal and external content creators
• Planning, developing and executing strategic editorial strategy.
• Knowledge of multimedia editorial practices (video and audio).
• Knowledge of best practice editorial processes
Experience and Qualifications
• An accomplished journalist writing business news in an engaging, clear and direct style
• Demonstrable experience interacting with/managing senior stakeholders and has an extensive set of senior industry contacts.
• Strong communication skills written, verbal, presentation. Ability to understand your audience and tailor your style accordingly.
• Working in a matrix organization
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Why work at Informa:
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.