Digital Marketing Executive
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
The Industrial team of Informa Markets brings together buyers and sellers, educates the market and keeps practitioners informed across a variety of industry sectors. With an early transition to online products, digital marketing has been a core part of the marketing team from the beginning.
Through a mix of agency and in-house expertise, digital marketers have played a vital role in the ongoing success of the portfolio.
As the portfolio diversifies further in 2021, the business requires a digital marketer to amplify results and build on previous successes.
Reporting into the Digital Marketing Manager, this role requires someone eager to learn and deliver results in a highly KPI driven environment. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver customers through omni-channel campaigns including PPC, SEO, social, web and email marketing.
This candidate should be analytics-led, always looking for opportunities to improve the digital strategy and raise the bar to contribute to the overall success of the Industrial UK marketing team through effective digital marketing strategies and successful implementation.
- Execution of the digital marketing strategy, including planning, implementation, management and optimisation for both inbound marketing and paid media
- Design and implementation of testing and optimisation strategies (including A/B testing, landing pages and CTA’s)
- Driving online traffic and ability to present these ongoing results in a regular update
- Development and implementation of link building strategies for SEO.
- Identifies evolving digital marketing best practices and collaborates with internal stakeholders and external agencies to develop new cutting edge digital campaigns
- Understands their customers’ digital behaviour, through continual testing and reporting on channel and campaign performance, in order to optimise plans. This will include using Adobe Analytics or similar to spot issues and opportunities
- Works collaboratively with wider marketing team to review and make changes/improvements to digital campaigns to ensure customer engagement and conversion is optimised
ANALYSIS & INSIGHT
- Monitor campaign performance by producing relevant and timely reports
- Recommend changes to campaign execution based on data insights
- Share relevant insights with Digital Marketing Manager to drive revenues or pursue new opportunities
- Analyse and report trends over time and use these insights to build more effective campaigns
- Ensure delivery and accuracy of pre-agreed reports during and post campaign to monitor channel effectiveness and ROI
- Use recommended campaign analytics dashboards to monitor performance
- Share case studies with marketers within the team, division and Informa Markets
PLANNING & CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- Work with the marketing team to plan product marketing campaigns to meet strategic objectives – for exhibitions and digital products
- Ensure optimisation of spend across marketing channels
- Recommend website strategy to maximise relevant traffic and conversion
- Work with marketers to identify the target universe and key segments within the target universe
- Assist with the development of personas, value propositions and messaging for each of the key segments for each product
- Ensure that timely, relevant communications are sent through a full mix of digital channels and are optimised for each channel
- Monitor and recommend adjustments to the digital marketing activity based on performance metrics
- Contribute to the Content Calendar to ensure delivery through the most relevant channels (email marketing, social media, digital marketing, direct mail etc
- Analytical and questioning mindset
- Excellent time keeper, with ability to juggle multiple projects
- Self-motivating with strong ability to work both on independent projects and projects involving many stakeholders
- Passion for digital marketing
- Deadline and target driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including intermediate/advanced PowerPoint, Word, and Exce