Senior Research Associate
- Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
At Informa Tech, the many amazing brands we operate are successful due to the people that produce them. They require experts, in the market and in their function, working together to allow the Tech community to freely exchange ideas, connect around compelling issues, discover new opportunities, and attain the intelligence they need for sound business decisions.
The position of Senior Research Associate is one of high responsibility and accountability.
You will be involved in
- Support subject matter experts in creating industry or market analysis
- Primary and secondary research tasks as specified by individual deliverables
- Excel-based templates as specified by each deliverable
- Credible and consistent base data and market shares output
- Outputs that have gone through a thorough cleansing exercise to ensure high quality of delivery to internal stakeholders
- New research ideas/topics presented to the manager
Other key responsibilities include:
- Successful, on-time delivery of high-quality, highly relevant, and differentiated research projects that provide essential elements for syndicated research and analysis projects across sectors.
- Successful, on-time execution of research projects that are essential components of consulting engagements, delivered to client specifications and quality expectations.
- Scoping – responsible for scoping out each deliverable that you are the ‘Person in Charge’ for. Including updating relevant documentation and leading kick-off as well as subsequent calls.
- Primary research – conducting interviews with key industry contacts across a spectrum of company types; creating a detailed log of interactions and feedback.
- Secondary research – using a range of secondary sources to support primary research including – the internet, trade journals, in-house research, trade associations, public reports, financial releases, company press releases.
- Building templates and workbooks – creating Excel-based templates and workbooks for data entry, collation, cleansing, and synthesis.
- Building base data – using primary and secondary research to build credible base data; ensuring sufficient coverage of market players; creating estimates where company reporting not available; utilizing history; ensuring consistency with related data/markets; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way.
- Working alongside Research Manager on the continuing evolution and refinement of business/operational processes to optimize quality, timeliness, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of research execution and delivery. Continuous measurement of key KPIs in each area.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to write contents with minimum grammatical, punctuation, and spelling error
- Comfortable using the phone for outreach and developing relationships
- Excel – solid grasp of Excel for data building, data manipulation, and pivot table creation
- Experience working collaboratively towards a common goal
- Ability to think outside the box in approaching problems to find innovative solutions
- Prioritizing time for completing tasks
- Ability to conduct primary and secondary research
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of research area, supplier landscape, products/technology
- Primary research interview and data gathering skills
- Multitasking – ability to prioritise competing tasks effectively
- Excel database and pivot table expertise; data aggregation and analysis
- Ability to piece together data from multiple sources and to connect the dots
- Ability to work independently and as a team
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within an industry-leading global brand, please send your full resume / CV and a cover letter to [email protected] highlighting your suitability and salary expectations.