Customer Success Manager Team Lead - EquipmentWatch| Remote
- 6190 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Asset Intelligence & EquipmentWatch
Asset Intelligence, part of global media corporation Informa Group, is a market leading provider of data and business intelligence to the US construction and transportation sector. Our digital media brands EquipmentWatch, Price Digest, Costtrax and Fleetseek are used by contractors, government transportation bodies, equipment finance providers and fleet companies to drive investment decisions and cost management strategies for their equipment fleets & assets. Our brands are market-leading digital subscription businesses, and our teams operate as part of a dynamic, passionate and collaborative culture.
For more information visit the website.
We are seeking a Customer Success Manager Team Lead (CSMTL) for our EquipmentWatch and Costtrax brands. The CSMTL will lead and manage a team of 2 Customer Success Managers (CSMs), whilst also carrying a customer territory of their own. They will be responsible for driving the day-to-day direction, output and performance of the team.
The Customer Success team is a newly-created function, whose responsibility is to maximize usage of our products, at both a user and organizational level, including conducting training, demonstrating best practice, and suggesting additional modules/features and functions. The Customer Success team’s ultimate goal is to increase renewal and retention rates across the customers they serve while identifying key opportunities that are ripe for upgrade. The CSMs must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of the common pain-points of customers and the key use-cases for the products.
This role would suite someone who has previous experience of a customer success/client services/sales engineer role in either a SaaS, digital subscription, B2B media or technology environment. Some management experience is preferable, but demonstrable track record in a customer service/post-sales support environment is more important, along with the qualities necessary to lead and direct a small team.
- Sets, in conjunction with the Sales Director sales targets for the team. Communicates these clearly to the team and drives over achievement of these
- Demonstrates best practice and leadership to the team in the key elements of the CSM role (see below)
- Coaches the team to improve performance
- Assigns territories and revenue segments to the team as required to meet and exceed targets
- Drives strong pipeline and productivity disciplines in according with Asset Intelligence overall Sales KPIs and standards, utilizing our CRM and sales management platforms
- Works closely with Renewal and Business Development Team to deploy to ensure sales objectives are met
- Holds regular team huddle and reviews, communicating objectives clearly and setting/re-setting team direction
- Maintains excellent market and product knowledge and monitors industry trends
- ·Maintains excellent relationships with other Asset Intelligence teams and departments, and is a conduit for the sales team with these stakeholders
Further Responsibilities and Activities
- Build rapport with customers in the post-sales period. Demonstrate an understanding of their needs and establish the CSM as a key resource to support and address
- Coach and train customers to ensure they are leveraging all available product features and services such as Help, Training, Fleet Upload, Reports, Dashboards, etc.
- Track usage of all products across a portfolio of customers and address under-utilization and risks through additional trainings and workshops
- Create and implement plan with the account team to grow number of users and overall usage in all target accounts across all services
- Plan, prioritize and self-direct with minimal supervision
- Develop and maintain usage KPIs/customer dashboards to monitor progress and success
- Effectively network within accounts from the C-Level down to ensure achievement of business goals while working within an account team matrix and evangelizing additional capabilities and products
- Identify risks to the client achieving their stated business goals and work with the virtual team to build a risk mitigation plan
- Provide feedback and key insights (Voice of Customer) pertaining to product usage, product perception and competitors and Communicate new and on-going findings to stakeholders Represent the business at trade events and on client site as appropriate
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in account portfolio, where appropriate, by networking between customers and partners
- Plan activity according to the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to minimize client attrition
- Work closely with Product Management, Marketing, Analyst and Sales teams to deliver customer requirements. Feedback customer needs and usage trends to ensure product improvement
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years in B2B Client Relationship Management, ideally in a subscription/digital subscription/B2B media/data/intelligence/SaaS environment
- Construction tech or construction equipment industry experience preferred, but not necessary
- Flair for customer service delivery
- Experience in a training or post-sales environment a benefit
- Strong Interpersonal skills, highly motivated, with a strong orientation toward client relationships
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills a must
- Communication skills to translate complex yet informative messaging for clients
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and respond to clients timely
- Ability to handle pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and work well with a diverse customer base and various internal teams
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with the Microsoft office suite; able to create client-ready deliverables in Excel and PowerPoint to present fundamental concepts, critical thinking and analysis
- Experience using CRM tools
- This is a full-time position
- Up to 25% Travel required
Why Work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa, that's why we continually invest in our colleagues and culture so it remains a dynamic, modern and welcoming place to work. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates we are also flexible with different working patterns, prioritizes internal promotions, and get:
- To work for the largest publicly owned events business with plentiful opportunities to grow and develop
- Clear learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career growth and goal achievement
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 volunteering days, plus birthday PTO
- Competitive medial & health benefits, including vision and dental
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan with 401(k) match
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuters benefit - save money on transportation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) - buy Informa stock with a guaranteed discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.