Business Development Manager Team Lead | Remote
- 6190 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Asset Intelligence & EquipmentWatch
Asset Intelligence, part of global media corporation Informa Group, is a market leading provider of data and business intelligence to the US construction and transportation sector. Our digital media brands EquipmentWatch, Price Digest, Costtrax and Fleetseek are used by contractors, government transportation bodies, equipment finance providers and fleet companies to drive investment decisions and cost management strategies for their equipment fleets & assets. Our brands are market-leading digital subscription businesses, and our teams operate as part of a dynamic, passionate and collaborative culture.
For more information visit the website.
We are seeking a Business Development Team Lead (BDTL) for EquipmentWatch, our largest brand, and Costtrax. The BDTL will lead and manage a sales team of 4, whilst also carrying a quota of their own. An out-and out Hunter, they will be responsible for driving the day-to-day direction, output and performance of 3 other Hunters, ensuring that our EquipmentWatch new business targets are maximized
This role would suit a hands-on sales professional who has some management experience, with excellent communication skills, but who still wants to be involved in day-to-day selling. They must have a flair and passion for new business development, and be fluent at driving & leading new business productivity standards: Call rates; demonstration quotas; pipeline and closing metrics.
- Responsible for the gross new sales performance of a team of 4 BDMs
- Sets, in conjunction with the Sales Director sales targets for the team. Communicates these clearly to the team and drives over achievement of these
- Leads from the front in delivering sales story and message to key customers. Responsible for a sales quota (smaller than that of the team), and for demonstrating the optimum sales methodology to achieve maximum results from their quota, and that of the team
- Coaches the team to improve performance
- Assigns territories and revenue segments to the team as required to meet and exceed targets
- Drives strong pipeline and productivity disciplines in according with Asset Intelligence overall Sales KPIs and standards, utilizing our CRM and sales management platforms. Key KPIs will include:
- Call rates
- Confirmed sales demonstration rates
- Pipeline generation
- Close rates
- Works closely with Customer Success Team to deploy these specialists in appropriate sales demonstrations/training engagements
- Ensures team adhere to pricing discipline to maximize revenue
- Ensures strong sales administration discipline, with regards to contracting, order processing and management of suspended accounts
- Holds regular team huddle and reviews, communicating objectives clearly and setting/re-setting team direction
- Maintains excellent market and product knowledge and monitors industry trends
- Maintains excellent relationships with other Asset Intelligence teams and departments, and is a conduit for the sales team with these stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, ideally in a subscription/digital subscription/B2B media/data/intelligence/SaaS environment
- Sales management or supervisory experience
- Proven new business track record
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Proficient in major software platforms (Microsoft Office, etc.), and experienced with using Sales CRM and management tools
- A thirst to learn and a passion to win
Why Work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa, that's why we continually invest in our colleagues and culture so it remains a dynamic, modern and welcoming place to work. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates we are also flexible with different working patterns, prioritizes internal promotions, and get:
- To work for the largest publicly owned events business with plentiful opportunities to grow and develop
- Clear learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career growth and goal achievement
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 volunteering days, plus birthday PTO
- Competitive medial & health benefits, including vision and dental
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan with 401(k) match
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuters benefit - save money on transportation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) - buy Informa stock with a guaranteed discount
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.