Front End Software Engineer
- 125 Cambridge Park Dr, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Job Site: 125 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 402, Cambridge, MA 02140
Job Title: Front End Software Engineer (Cambridge, MA)
Job Duties: Will build advanced web-based, front end software and will develop software based on large, complex datasets for our worldwide customers. Duties Include:
1. Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
2. Take ownership and execute software projects with technical excellence by maintaining the code coverage (using tools like Cobertura) and code quality (using tools like Linting Tools)
3. Use knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Micro-services and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
4. Collaborate with end-users and projects managers to create and implement the User Experience design process using the design wireframes provided by the UX Designer.
5. Translate requirements into high-quality, testable, scalable software using tools like Visio and High-level Design Documents.
6. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise technical solutions using Unit and Integration testing tools (like Jasmine, Selenium, Postman), to mitigate and address these issues.
7. Develop mockups from wireframes and documentation throughout the SDLC.
8. Participate in technical client meetings to gain insight into how clients use the product.
9. Participate in Code Reviews and Design Meetings.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a closely related field and 3 years of professional experience building complex, modern software web-based applications.
Experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include the following:
1) 3 years’ experience of working in an Agile or Scrum team.
5) 2 years’ experience building complex layouts with CSS and HTML, which includes building concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
6) 2 years’ experience using knowledge of frontend integration with REST APIs to communicate between different components of the system.
7) 2 years’ experience in Web Development using ASP.NET MVC or any equivalent Web API knowledge.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.