Editorial Manager, Enterprise Technology
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Editorial Director/Principal Analyst, Enterprise IT, supports the contact center, technical support, and service management communities, with a focus on content deliverables such as research programs, white papers, webinars, and industry speaking engagements. Responsibilities revolve around creating written and multimedia content that meets the informational needs of specialist and generalist professionals in the customer service, contact center, technical support, and/or service management industries aligned with Informa Tech’s HDI and ICMI brands.
Based on direct research and deliberate assessment of the industry and audience, you’ll have considerable independence to produce content and authoritative guidance in response to trends and shifts in these industries. You’ll be expected to experiment with new formats and focus areas, track performance, and report on successes and opportunities for improvement. The Principal Analyst is responsible for:
- Underwritten content programs. Scoping and fulfilling content program requirements for complex and collaborative sponsored program engagements
- Thought leadership. Issuing regular commentary to provide insight into changes, risks, and opportunities
- Data output. Preparing highly credible and consistent research for trend analysis and forecasting
- Written reports. Drafting detailed and insightful reports and white papers to provide audience with clear guidance on outlook, trends, operational and strategic landscape, and tech innovations, while connecting the dots with other insights and analysis
- Presentations. Delivering conference presentations and scoping conference programs
The Principal Analyst is expected to assume the following key responsibilities, plus any other assigned duties as required:
- Thought leadership and content creation. Produce written and multimedia insights that articulate an authoritative, brand-aligned perspective; be opinionated and inquisitive, and look for opportunities to comment on industry developments
- Content programs and research. Consult with sales team and collaborate with program management team to execute sponsored content programs; draft abstracts/outlines, develop surveys, analyze data, and draft reports/assets.
- Webinars and virtual summits. Collaborate with sponsor representatives and program management team to home in on trending topics, draft abstracts, secure speakers, develop presentation content, and host live events.
- Community engagement. Engage with the audience and industry thought leaders live and virtually, via events and community platforms; interview key players in the industry (individuals and companies) to highlight practical trends and collect opinions/insights into market developments; present sessions and host roundtables at live and virtual events
- Industry insights and forecasts. Consult a range of sources to support and situate the brand perspective – the internet, trade journals, in-house research (including Omdia – Informa Tech’s research arm), trade associations, public reports, press releases, etc.; using primary and secondary research to contextualize industry developments and identify opportunities and risks
- Sales and program support. Partner with the sales and program team to continually evolve sponsored content offerings
- Audience. The face of the brands to the industry, projecting authority and promoting the brands’ reputation for thought leadership and industry intelligence
- Marketing team. Support content generation and initiatives to raise the individual’s, brand’s, and Informa Tech’s profile; support any PR efforts related to sponsored programs and brand initiatives
- Sales team. Partners with account managers to scope sponsored content programs and target new prospects
- Program management team. Maintain regular communication with program team to ensure milestones are met
- Wider Informa Tech team. Build a network of colleagues to connect the dots and collaborate
- Recognized as industry thought leader, with relevant, practical professional experience in the contact center, technical support, and/or service management industries
- Access to established network of industry thought leaders
- Proven ability to collaborate towards a common goal in a dynamic, distributed environment of individual contributors; knows who, where, and when to seek support
- Ability to prioritize and delegate competing tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in multimedia formats
- Strong presentation skills, particularly in public-speaking scenarios
- Ability to think outside the box in approaching problems to find innovative solutions
- Self-motivated, driven, and open to challenges and opportunities
What makes Informa different:
• Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
• Competitive Benefits with 401k match
• Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
• Work- Life Balance
• Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
• 4 weeks parental leave
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.