- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
The individual will sell all the products and services within the Seatrade Maritime Portfolio. This includes (But no exclusive to) awards, conferences, exhibitions, sponsorships, digital solutions, marketing services and traditional print advertising. The primary function of this role will be to generate commercial revenue from existing Seatrade accounts as well as driving new business revenue across assigned regions. This dynamic individual needs to be able to assess a client's challenges with a skilled consultative approach and provide value-based solutions across our portfolio.
Working within an experienced, passionate, and high achieving team you will be expected to have a work ethic that pushes for individual success while adding to the already strong team camaraderie.
Effective communication skills are a must in order to develop and manage your own client relationships (and pipeline) through tele sales, email and face-to-face selling and you will therefore need to be tenacious, enthusiastic, target driven and have a passion for sales.
You will be a motivated, ambitious and successful sales professional, ideally with previous digital, exhibition and sponsorship sales experience. You must show a determination and ability to deliver and exceed sales results with a proven track record.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and grow sales across Europe, Scandinavia and the UK and the opportunity to expand out into new regions
- Work to fair yet challenging sales targets and KPI’s with accurate pipeline management regularly reported to management
- Service customers to Informa standards and maintain & build long-term customer relationships across our portfolio
- Liaise with local and overseas offices and international representatives of Informa
- International travel to industry events around the world, as well as country sales visits is necessary
- Proven track record in hitting and exceeding individual and team revenue targets within the areas outlined
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience with new business generation and account management
- Proven track record of successfully managing time between contacting existing database lists, researching/sourcing potential new business and cold calling
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, partners and the rest of the team
- Market focus - ability to immerse yourself in a market sector, absorb an industry, it’s issues and players, and apply that knowledge strategically and tactically to the selling of the portfolio
- Ability to understand and communicate at a consultative level to the client, the value proposition and customer ROI in a coherent manner
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and objection handling skills
- A confident personality with a high level of enthusiasm
- Experience with Salesforce CRM desirable
- Capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines and prioritizing
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.