- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
- Employees can work remotely
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Seatrade Cruise produces a range of major annual events and intimate experiences, each a beacon for leaders, executives, delegates, and solution providers from every sector of the industry and every corner of the earth. From the leading online news site and industry publication, to conferences and exhibitions, to networking events, management training, and worldwide award programmes, Seatrade Cruise puts you at the centre of the global cruising universe.
We are seeking an ambitious and energetic Account Manager who will be responsible for driving topline revenue by selling media/digital solutions, exhibition space and sponsorships for both live and virtual events across the Seatrade Cruise portfolio. This position requires a “hunter mentality” with a strong focus on prospecting and generating new business. You will be working with an experienced, passionate and dynamic team spread across the US and UK. This is a high-energy position, requiring proactive and persistent interactions with clients both new and existing, strong sales experience — ideally in a B2B environment. A proven track record of success, specifically in digital sales is a plus.
- Identify and drive new business opportunities for digital products including webinars, newsletters, blogs, podcasts, video interviews and other online initiatives
- Increasing exhibit space and sponsorship sales YOY to surpass annual sales quotas with a strong focus on hunting for net new business for EMEA tradeshows: Seatrade Europe, Seatrade Cruise Med and Seatrade Cruise Asia Pacific; in addition to supporting sales efforts for Seatrade Cruise Global.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan to drive revenue within assigned areas of focus. Collaborate with Sales Director to identify areas of opportunity and develop strategies with measurable objectives.
- Study and engage in marketplace research and industry data. Through industry research, able to identify and target new companies/industry associations, as potential key accounts and strategic partners. Network and stay connected in the industry, understand trends, meet key industry players
- Maintain Salesforce customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conduct data clean-up and on-going maintenance. Actively maintain sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects'' statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Participate in weekly scheduled meetings with both the sales team and the greater Seatrade team to monitor progress, resolve any pending issues, and provide input/ideas.
- Frequent cross-functional collaboration and communication with cross-divisional teams such as Marketing and Operations teams to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction in all areas of exhibits, digital, and sponsorship sales
- Success will be measured on weekly activity levels ie. calls per week, sales against target and new business leads per week. KPIs to include developing positive relationships with clients, customer retention, 1.5-2 hours of constructive calls each day, daily updates for line manager, updating Salesforce activity daily.
- Tracking and attending other industry trade shows and conferences to connect with new prospects and keep up with industry trends
- Established experience in B2B sales; a plus if sales experience is within digital/media, tradeshows, events, or publishing
- College Degree in communications, business administration, marketing, or equivalent experience
- Proven sales track record, as well as understanding the sales cycle, driving revenue and exceeding quotas
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to effectively communicate across countries and time zones
- Detail-oriented and strong self-organizational ability in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.