Senior Software Engineer
- Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Tuzla (B&H)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full stack cloud communication platform (CPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions. Join our development forces in deploying the code that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip Engineering Powerhouse means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a Senior Software Engineer in Tuzla, you will be dedicated to your microservices and deal with challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, sends over 500 million messages daily and helps our clients to grow their business. It's an opportunity to work on our Email requirement area, where we enable clients to create rich, targeted marketing and transactional emails on a big scale (billions of emails monthly!) while maintaining deliverability (always landing in an inbox!). Here you'll get the opportunity to obtain end to end knowledge of (and contribute to) Infobip’s Email platform as a channel, within all CPaaS and SaaS products, delivery optimization according to the ISP’s rules, rendering optimization and taking care of performance.
What will you do at Infobip?
- Develop, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot your team services on Infobip’s Email platform
- Have full ownership of the code you produce
- Write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles
- Work autonomously on challenging tasks
- Have a general overview and understanding of the interactions and dependencies in the entire system
- Grow towards full stack development and for us this means work primarily on backend development but also expand your knowledge on frontend development, system design and alerting and monitoring tools
- Give suggestions regarding architecture and services design
- Often take up the role of Technical Lead within the team
- Demonstrate ability to guide the team towards right technical decisions and achieving predefined goals
- Work within agile framework (Scrum, LESS) in close collaboration with Product Management
- Participate with your team in agile practices such as sprint planning and retrospectives
- Mentor other colleagues and help your team evolve
- Expand and improve your knowledge and proactively share that knowledge as an active member of engineering community
- Senior professional looking for a high growth challenge
- Good knowledge and understanding of object-oriented principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with concurrent and multi-tier applications
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple tasks
- Recognizing the value of code-review and experience with code testing
- Good understanding of RESTful services
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience with Java, Spring and Spring Boot development
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Maven, Canary or similar
- Understanding of databases and data management tools like MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka or other
- Worked with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
- Ready to adopt, implement or propose new technologies
- Experience in technologies such as Kotlin, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, or others
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – We make sure that our tech stack is updated to latest versions, if we are talking Java, we’re talking up to Java 17. To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
- Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...