Quality Control Analyst
- St Petersburg, Russia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Saint Petersburg (Russia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (CPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
The Quality Control team within the SaaS Business Area is included in developing products from just an idea to a product ready for our customers. Quality Control Analysts are skilled software testers always thinking about risks and asking themselves what could go wrong with proposed system changes. Testing excellence and critical thinking are crucial pillars for this role, along with the ability to communicate issues clearly and objectively.
What will you do at Infobip
- Have agency over your work and testing you perform (you will not write or follow test cases).
- Assess the impact a new requirement or any change can have on the current system.
- Review the product ideas and requirements, test the design prototypes, and point out risks or unclarities.
- Advocate for testability, reliability, and improvements.
- Define quality characteristics for the product, identify risks threatening them and design test activities.
- Test the implementation, and report objectively on the product and testing state.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders from product, design and development teams.
- Use tools when appropriate such as Postman, Gainsight, FullStory, Graylog, Jenkins, Kibana, Grafana, and many internal tools.
What you can bring to our team:
- You have substantial experience in software testing, a context-driven mindset, and a great interest in the field
- You can isolate the problem, provide the shortest set of steps to reproduce, and interpret application/service logs
- You are always looking to improve testing practices, development process, and collaboration
- You are a self-driven critical thinker, genuinely curious about how things work, and eager to learn
- You have excellent communication skills, enabling you to express yourself objectively, concisely, and clearly, respecting the escalation process
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
It would be great if, in addition
- You are not only familiar with the context-driven principles in testing, but you apply them to your work as well.
- You are familiar with the risk-based approach and exploratory testing practices.
- You completed the Black-box Software Testing (BBST) or another context-driven testing type of training.
- You are familiar with API testing.
- Any kind of quality or testing related certifications are nice but not a differentiating factor.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Professional Development - You have agency over your work, and you decide which practices will enable you to do testing well. Testing is just as important to us as other engineering roles, and we take serious care of our testing craft.
- Educational budget - Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences or courses (Udemy, Ministry of Testing, BBST, etc.).
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow - Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program guided by mentor to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks - Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards, and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, the company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...