Corporate Data Privacy Specialist
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Office: New Jersey (USA)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full stack cloud communication platform (CPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
*Open to candidates based out of Seattle, NYC Metro area, or working remotely in the United States*
Why is this role important at Infobip?
As we are continually expanding our footprint, we need to make sure that we are compliant in every country where we operate. The purpose of this role is to enhance the privacy compliance function on the global level by relevant high level knowledge and experience in implementing effective privacy compliance system/program. The duties of this role include, but are not limited to implementation of initiatives and effective processes in privacy compliance matters and establishment of controls across jurisdictions where Infobip operates. We are looking for people who know how to get things done and are diligent in providing feedback and ideas/suggestions about how to do things faster and better.
- Maintains existing and creates new privacy policies and procedures and subsequently executes them (is responsible for the whole process from initial assessment, drafting of documentation, tuning it with the stakeholders, up until the publication, maintaining and fostering rules throughout the company)
- Maintains records of processing activities and administers Corporate Privacy Department’s internal tools
- Supports projects of the company with privacy relevance, facilitating and supporting privacy impact assessments, and security & privacy by design approach and process
- Closely collaborates with internal departments in aligning their operational activities with data protection legislation, and Infobip’s privacy and security policies
- Cooperates with internal departments, as well as with clients, suppliers and other business partners in privacy matters and facilitates audits and on-site checks performed by them
- Facilitates the privacy & security assessments of vendors and suppliers, and conclusion of data processing agreements with them
- Identifies and evaluates the data privacy requirements of the company and provides assessments in meetings, task forces, etc. by pointing out these requirements
- Develops and reviews company’s privacy guidelines and procedures, data privacy concept and standard clauses regarding data protection, and supports Legal, Presales and Sales in tendering and contracting process
- Monitors relevant privacy and security legislative changes and harmonizes business practices accordingly, recommends measures and procedures that eliminate irregularities in business practices
- Raises privacy awareness and provides privacy training to employees
- Mentors other team members
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading brands, banks, social networks, mobile operators, OTTs, aggregators and many more.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Academy as an onboarding program, to internal education, education resources, e-learning to external education, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Connect globally – Work with people from different countries, participate in the biggest IT and Telecom events. We put the “global” in globalization.
- Great Environment – Team spirit, passion, creativity and persistence are the drivers of our company.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, health benefits, travel allowance, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities. Talk about a balanced lifestyle!
Plus, our North American offices have become Great Place to Work-Certified™ #LI-MM1