System Infrastructure Engineer
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions. Join us in driving the continuous success of Infobip by creating products that our customers love.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential that our global, cloud based products are supported with a stable infrastructure. As a System Infrastructure Engineer, you will directly manage our Windows, VMware, IBM and more platforms both on physical and virtual machines, dealing with challenges of complex architecture (scalability, failover, Active-Active relationships, balancing, DR plans, DC Designs, etc...) of a 5-nine uptime system that drives huge traffic.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You provide great client and end users support regarding day-to-day VMware and Windows server infrastructure related issues.
- You diagnose and remediate issues with Windows server infrastructure and related roles and features, as well as VMware infrastructure roles and features.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
- You are looking forward to Automate and script all that can be automated in order to simplify processes and save time.
What do we expect:
- You have 2+ years of experience in design and installation of virtualization technologies Hyper-V, VMware products..
- You have strong experience with scripting and automation
- You have knowledge of Clustering, Datacenter HA concepts
- You have experience in working with Storage and Compute Systems (Servers, Chassis, Storage Ecnlosures..)
- You have experience with backup and DR concepts
- You have experience with Filesharing concepts (SMB, NFS..) (MS, IBM, VMware..)
- You have experience in utilizing PowerShell
- You have strong troubleshooting skills
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, you enjoy solving problems, working on them until you both find the solution and understand their caus
- You have an ability to adapt fast and like working in a high-paced environment
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 6 minutes.
- Educational budget – There is a budget dedicated to your professional development and you get free access to online learning platforms.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!