Accounting Specialist (Record to Report Specialist)
- Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
- Department: Finance
- Office: Bogotá (Colombia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
We are in the process of developing a new finance operating model which includes consolidation and standardization of our accounting operations from all countries in the region into Bogota. We are looking for senior accountants with strong US GAAP knowledge and several years of intensive experience in maintaining general ledger and period end closing. The Accounting Specialist will be part of the team responsible for maintaining the accounts of our subsidiaries in all of Americas region across more than 10 countries. The Specialist should have extensive accounting knowledge to be able to perform transformation, continuous improvement of our policies and procedures. It is a very dynamic role which requires an open mindedness and passion for process development.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be
- Working closely with the Manager to ensure the smooth running of Accounting and Reporting function
- Maintenance of General Ledger and Performance of Period End Close Activities
- Responsible for Fixed Assets, Reconciliations, Provisions and Adjustment Entries
- Drive process improvement and implementation of structured procedures
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- General administrative and financial affairs
- Follows the accounting and auditing processes and procedures in the conduct of its business
- Develops and enhances reports it pulls from business databases
More about you
- You have 5+ years of experience in general accounting, period end closing for public listed companies preferably. Experience working for multicultural teams in the Americas Region in global financial structure is desirable.
- You have extensive experience in general accounting, taxes, reconciliations, consolidation, fixed assets, period-end closing, reporting, etc.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other equivalent degree
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in Excel (Advanced level)
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or SAP or other ERP
- Knowledge of USGAAP or IFRS
- Experience in centralized accounting departments is desirable
- You are fluent in Spanish and English, plus proficiency in Portuguese is added advantage
- Able to work effectively within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Why our employees choose us and stay?
- Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading mobile operators, OTTs, brands, banks, social networks, aggregators and many more. You can look forward to working with the likes of Zendesk, Uber, and WhatsApp. Seriously, our clients are really cool. Work with the world’s leading companies and impact how they communicate with their users!
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. Our platform generates traffic that measures in millions of messages every minute.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Academy as an onboarding program, to internal education, education resources, e-learning to external educations, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, health benefits, travel allowance, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team building and other organized activities, wellness budget... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!