Software Engineer (Growth Requirement Area)
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions. Join us in driving the continuous success of Infobip by creating products that our customers love.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a Software Engineer you will be dedicated to your microservices and deal with challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, sends over 500 million messages daily and helps our clients to grow their business.
What will you do at Infobip?
- Maintain and develop a localization infrastructure which enables other teams to build localized products on top of it
- Build plugins for 3rd party tools to integrate with Infobip continuous localization process
- Have full ownership of the code you produce
- Have problem solving engineering mindset
- Write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles
- Have a general overview and understanding of the interactions and dependencies in the entire system
- Grow towards full stack development and for us this means work primarily on backend development but also expand your knowledge on working with databases, system design, alerting and monitoring tools and frontend development
- Participate with your team in agile practices such as sprint planning and retrospectives
- Expand and improve your knowledge both internally and externally and be a part of engineering community
- Mid or senior professional looking for a high growth challenge
- Experience working with Node.js on CLI and back end level (using Express.js, Nest JS or any other framework)
- Good knowledge and understanding of object-oriented principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with concurrent and multi-tier applications
- Recognizing the value of code-review and experience with code testing (unit, integration)
- Good understanding of RESTful services
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience or understanding localization technical complexity and management overhead in products life cycle
- Experience with frontend technologies HTML5 / CSS3 / TypeScript / React / Webpack
- Experience in technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Maven, Canary or similar
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting tools like Grafana, Graylog, OpsGenie, Redis
- Worked with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
- Ready to adopt, implement or propose new technologies
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 6 minutes.
- Educational budget – There is a budget dedicated to your professional development and you get free access to online learning platforms.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!