- Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Pune (India)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence, and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 65 offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions. Join our development forces in deploying the code that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Our use case is specific. We are solving complex problems for global brands. If our services are down, our clients send messages through other providers and when our competitors have troubles in production, we have to be the most reliable provider to get the majority of their traffic. We avoid big release dates and deploy to production when you finish a task in your sprint. It is an in-house developed product so there is no contract forcing you to guerilla develop something and troubleshoot later.
As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of large architecture (scalability, fail over, balancing...) that sends over 400 million messages daily.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- You will be using cutting edge solutions (Spring Boot, JDK 8 and above, Groovy, Kotlin, integration with Kafka streams, Redis/HazelCast etc.) for creating and maintaining high load distributed services that are part of our messaging platform
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You have 3+ years of experience with Java, Microservices, Spring Boot, CI/CD development or related technologies and delivering multi-tier enterprise applications.
- You have worked before on a high load, large scale platform that has to be highly available.
- You know how to build high load distributed service-oriented applications.
- You share our passion for building high quality software in agile environment.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
Cutting edge technology & processes – We make sure that our tech stack is updated to latest versions, if we are talking Java, we’re talking up to Java 14. To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses or certifications.
Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, allowance, rewards and bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...