Quality Control Analyst (Finance Requirement Area)
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full stack cloud communication platform (CPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
As a Quality Control Analyst, you will be included in our Finance Requirement Area which is covering all tools and applications related to the financial part of the business Infobip conducts. In early stages of product development, you will gain insight into planned initiatives and requirements, and will be responsible for defining a testing strategy with possible risks and advice for mitigation. During development, you will continuously work with engineers as the product/service is forming and provide a clear feedback on the implementation and its state. You will be a member of the Platform Quality Control team, a team assembled from testing specialists like yourself, focused on assessing the quality of the Infobip's platform.
What will you get to do?
- Test product ideas before starting implementation
- Point out unclarities in requirements, test the design prototype
- Understand the impact a new requirement or any change it can have on the current system by identifying critical paths
- Define quality criteria for the product/service and identify risks threatening them
- Apply testing practices for a particular context of our Finance Requirement Area
- Test implementation and report on the product and testing state to different stakeholders
- Improving testing practices and the development process in general
- Prioritize and report issues with clear „steps to reproduce“ and expected behavior
- Discuss improvements of a product/service with a clear business/user value proposition
- Interpret logs and try to understand why did some problem occur
- Collaborate with different stakeholders such as Product Manager, Product Designer, UX Researcher, Software Engineer, Test Automation Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, etc.
- You have worked in software testing role for several years
- You can interpret application/service logs
- You have experience in testing web applications and APIs
- You have experience with query languages and know how to find the data you require for testing
- You can isolate the issue and provide the shortest steps to reproduce
- You have great communication skills, enabling you to express yourself concisely and clearly, with diplomatic approach and taking care about escalation process
- You have an eye for details, easily spotting inconsistencies and issues
- You are fluent in English language, both written and spoken
Nice to have qualifications:
- You are familiar with test strategy and a risk-based approach to testing
- You have some experience with logging tools
- You are familiar with troubleshooting concept and would like to know where and why some issue happened
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Professional Development - You have agency over your work, and you decide which practices will enable you to do testing well. Testing is just as important to us as other engineering roles, and we take serious care of our testing craft.
- Educational budget - Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences or courses (Udemy, Ministry of Testing, BBST, etc.).
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow - Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program guided by mentor to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks - Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards, and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...