Business Continuity Specialist
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Corporate Security
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product and service. Our services are global, highly redundant, scalable, with 99.9999% up-time in order to ensure reliable and secure A2P message delivery around the globe. Business continuity is of paramount importance in maintaining this level of service. Within Infobip all business continuity roles ensure developing, maintaining and testing the company's Business Continuity Program and Management System (BCMS) that increases company’s resilience to, adverse low probability but very high impact, hard to predict events. Business continuity roles are responsible for building organizational resilience and capability for an effective response to these types of events.
What will you get to do:
- As BC specialist you will perform regular detailed business continuity risk assessments with stakeholders, focused on availability of our products and services.
- You will be responsible for conducting Business Impact Analysis based on inputs from different stakeholders and identify threats to the systems and calculate impact of potential adverse events on our products.
- You will analyze business impact analysis and risk assessment results to provide relevant information for business continuity strategy planning that will facilitate the creation of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- You will be engaged in assessing and testing the adequacy of business continuity /disaster recovery plans.
- You will work closely with Business Continuity Coordinator in designing, improving, implementing and validating business continuity programme to ensure continual improvement the overall level of organizational resilience.
- You will conduct regular business continuity awareness training in order to educate relevant stakeholders.
More about you:
- You have good knowledge about IT system or incident management in general, have worked as a system administrator, integrator or service engineer.
- You have experience in implementation, integration, upgrades, and updates of servers, restoring from backup, configurating high availability clusters or recovering systems after an outage.
- You have at least basic cloud (IaaS and PaaS) knowledge for the more known cloud providers.
- If you are now ready to leave the screwdriver and night shifts behind and want to see the big picture of hundreds of system over multiple continents, learn what makes them so important for a global enterprise and have good written and spoken English - you are perfect for this job!
But what are some desirable non – technical skills that describes you?
- The ability to analyze information, identify problems and propose workable solutions with system design in mind.
- The ability to work together will people from different disciplines and departments but also independence and time management for execution efficiency.
- Facilitation skills to guide and direct workshops, planning sessions and meetings.
- Curiosity, eagerness to learn and a drive for self-education
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and great sense of humor.
Why you should consider this opportunity:
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. We have more than 28 data centers all over the world and more than 60 offices on all continents for which continuity of business operations must be ensured in event of disruption.
- Never a dull moment – We work with powerful companies with strong impact, which pushes us to work on the highest possible level. Work on uncharted challenges and push boundaries on a daily basis.
- Opportunity Knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Lots of opportunities for development; whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Grow your knowledge – Learn as you go, starting from the internal education and onboarding from your colleagues, to our 3-day Dev conference, e-learning to attending conferences. Knowledge is for sharing, and learning is a path to growth.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, team buildings and other organised activities, company library, organised sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!