Database Engineer (NoSQL)
- Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Sarajevo (B&H)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip Engineering Powerhouse means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a Database Engineer in Sarajevo you will be responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining NoSQL based infrastructures, dealing with the challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, sends up to 500 million messages daily and helps our clients to grow their business. It’s an opportunity to work on our Real-Time Communication requirement area, where we enable instant interactions across our platform, whether that’s audio communication using our Voice platform, or video communication across our WebRTC platform.
What will you do at Infobip?
- Handle NoSQL databases in development, testing and production environments including installation, configuration, backup, recovery, replication, sharding and upgrades
- Automating and optimizing current NoSQL infrastructure, tools and processes
- Deployment of Docker containers and services
- Monitoring infrastructure and services using Graylog, Grafana, and Prometheus
- Provide NoSQL technical support and consultancy to development teams
- Regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with thought out ideas that result in adoption and improvements of our platform, workflow or toolkit
- Be actively involved in incident management and closely collaborate with other teams to minimize the impact of database outages
- Be a part of real-time communication development team and work within agile framework (Scrum, LESS)
- Expand and improve your knowledge of NoSQL databases and share the best industry practices
- Proactively share knowledge and help yourself and your team evolve
- Experience with at least one NoSQL database (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, OrientDB...)
- Previous experience with Docker
- Experience with scripting (Python, Bash)
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux system administration
- Understanding of basic network concepts and can do some basic troubleshooting
- Knowledge of how to assure highly available and scalable NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of concepts of distributed database systems
Nice to have qualifications:
- Familiar with message brokers/queues (Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ...)
- You are familiar with versioning and CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Previous experience with monitoring, logging, and observability tools (Prometheus, Graylog)
- Some experience with key-value cache systems (Redis, Hazelcast..)
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – We make sure that our tech stack is updated to latest versions. To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
- Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...