- Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Sarajevo (B&H)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip Engineering Powerhouse means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a VoIP Engineer in Sarajevo you will be dedicated to your VoIP services and deal with challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, sends up to 500 million messages daily and helps our clients to grow their business. It’s an opportunity to work on our Real-Time Communication requirement area, where we enable instant interactions across our platform, whether that’s audio communication using our Voice platform, or video communication across our WebRTC platform.
What will you do at Infobip?
- Configuration and a full ownership of VoIP and WebRTC services on Infobip production environments
- Be a technical go-to person for 3rd party services such as Asterisk, FreeSwitch, Kamailio, OpenSIPs, RTPEngine, Homer
- Take initiative regarding VoIP / WebRTC architecture and highly available and secure services design
- Hands on work with designing, improving and maintaining alerting and monitoring tools
- Fully understand and troubleshoot voice and video calls (SIP/RTP protocols)
- Demonstrate ability to guide the team towards right technical decisions and mentor junior colleagues
- Write and maintain technical documentation regarding Infobip VoIP and WebRTC platforms and tools
- Have a general overview and solid understanding of the interactions and dependencies in the entire system
- Work within agile framework (Scrum, LESS) in close collaboration with Product Management
- Expand and improve your knowledge, share the best industry practices and be a part of engineering community
- Experienced professional looking for a high growth challenge
- Solid understanding of network protocols and network topologies
- Working experience with Linux operating system
- Knowledge of at least one scripting programming language
- In-depth understanding of SIP stack and/or WebRTC technology
- Understanding of 3rd party components such as Asterisk, FreeSwitch, Janus, Kamailio, OpenSIPs, RTPEngine, Homer
- Understanding of the concepts of service dockerization and deployment (Ansible)
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience with VoIP technology (PBX, SBC, SIP proxies) with focus on highly available solutions
- Working experience with at least one of 3rd party components (Asterisk, FreeSwitch, Kamailio...)
- Experience with code/configuration versioning tools (Git)
- Worked with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
- Ready to adopt, implement or propose new technologies
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
- Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, internal conference for developers which brings together 9 development center in thermal resort, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...