Telecom Product Engineer
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Analytics
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can reach greater heights.
Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ countries, Infobip's platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally.
Join us on our mission to create life changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions!
Why is this role important in Infobip?
The team is taking care of the business side concerning operators, more specifically assisting mobile network operators (MNOs) in managing their messaging. Telecom Product Engineer is part of Product Analytics team and they are in charge of Infobip’s SMS firewall solution named sGate. sGate SMS Firewall enables mobile operators to increase control, security and visibility of all SMS traffic. What we need now is a sGate know-it-all who will educate and consult our MNO partners and help them filter all the unwanted traffic caught with your eyes (yes you will be kind of a ninja).
What to expect:
- Analysis of active sGate installations: monitoring the operation of worldwide deployments and by analyzing traffic discovering gray routes and unwanted traffic.
- Support and advising services: Act as an advisor for the operators who already have a filtering solution in place and preparing reports with traffic analysis for them.
- Improving sGate solution: detecting and reporting system bugs noted while performing daily tasks, suggesting new features and possible improvements for sGate, support new ideas with analysis and calculation about raising product profitability.
- Deployment reporting: composing a report with current network state overview, tests results and suggestion of next steps to internal stakeholders
- Operator education: as the sGate solution is deployed the team is the one educating the operators on how to use it.
- Attending internal queries and new opportunities overview: working closely with many internal technical and business teams, providing feedback and reporting on existing and future sGate projects, etc.
More about you:
- You have BSc or MSc level in STEM or relevant working experience of +3 years in in IT/Telecom industry, or providers for mobile operators (Carriers).
- You have a passion for IT and technology
- You have great communication skills (daily contact with mobile operators)
- You are proficient in MS Office
- You are eager to learn new things and new ways of tackling challenges
- You are fluent in English both spoken and written
- You like to travel
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. Our platform generates traffic that measures in millions of messages every minute.
- Never a dull moment – We work with powerful companies with a strong impact, which pushes us to work on the highest possible level. Work on uncharted challenges and push boundaries on a daily basis.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Academy as an onboarding program to internal education, education resources, e-learning to external education, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Connect globally – Work with people from different countries, participate in the biggest IT and Telecom events, join us in our Summer Connect conference in Croatia. We put the “global” in globalization.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, the company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!