- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential that our global, cloud-based products are supported with a stable infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer, you will directly manage our Linux servers and applications in multiple environments, dealing with challenges native to a complex scalable architecture using industry standard tools to effectively provision, orchestrate and maintain a platform that handles millions of requests every day.
Not everywhere do you have a chance to deploy and manage services across five continents, 20+ datacenters, serving billions of customers. Talk about massive scope, right?
You know you are doing a good job when:
You follow DevOps methodologies and keep up to date with the latest tools and practices like infrastructure-as-code and platform-as-a-service.
You have an urge to automate everything you have to do more than once, whether it’s setting up balancing, or deploying whole datacenters.
You have a broad overview of the infrastructure your team is working on and understand the complex dependencies and components of the whole system.
You have a passion for investigating and troubleshooting and are naturally curious about how stuff works.
You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with thought out ideas that result in adoption and improvements of our platform, workflow or toolkit.
You aren’t afraid to ask questions – you proactively share knowledge and help yourself and your team evolve.
More about you:
You have extensive experience working with major AWS and/or Azure services – compute, storage, balancing, databases, networks and access
You understand basic cloud concepts, architecture and know when a service would work better in the cloud than on premise and vice versa
You are experienced in automating infrastructure on a cloud environment, including the use of Git to automate workflow of code from development to production.
You have a strong knowledge of IaaC with Terraform, CloudFormation or similiar tools
You are proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash)
You have experience with Linux system administration (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
You understand basic network concepts, OSI model and can do some basic troubleshooting
You know how to make services highly available and scalable – uptime and fault tolerance are your priority
You’ve used at least one configuration management tool and understand how either Chef, Ansible or Puppet work
You build positive, lasting relationships with your colleagues in the team and love to share knowledge
You’re not afraid to take initiative for your ideas and propose new features
Basic understanding of Agile methodology
Experience with private cloud services like Openstack, Openshift, VMware
Experience with Google, IBM, Alibaba or other public cloud services
You understand and use infrastructure as code, experience with CloudFormation and ARM are a plus
You have experience with versioning and CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
You have experience with monitoring, logging, and observability tools (Prometheus, ELK stack, Graylog)
Experience with containers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
You have some experience with Hashicorp tools like Vagrant, Consul or Vault.
Coding skills in Go, Java or other compiled languages
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. We have datacenters all over the world, from Washington to Hong Kong, and they include thousands of virtual servers. Be a part of a system that is live 24/7 and generates traffic that measures in millions of messages every minute.
- Never a dull moment – We work with powerful companies with strong impact, which pushes us to work on the highest possible level. Work on uncharted challenges and push boundaries on a daily basis
- Opportunity Knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Lots of opportunities for development; whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve
- Grow your knowledge – Learn as you go, starting from the internal education and onboarding from your colleagues, to our Engineering conference, e-learning, Udemy, attending conferences... Knowledge is for sharing, and learning is a path to growth.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, team buildings and other organised activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!
- Work from your hometown - Although most of your colleagues are located in Zagreb we don't have a problem with you working from one of our other Croatian offices