Java Software Engineer
- Vodnjan, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Vodnjan (Croatia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions. Join our development forces in deploying the code that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip Engineering Powerhouse means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a Java Software Engineer you will be dedicated to your microservices and deal with challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, sends over 400 million messages daily and helps our clients to grow their business. It’s an opportunity to work in one of our requirement areas, so no matter if you are taking care that our infrastructure is set to place, if you work on the collection and analysis of data traffic, if you are responsible for connectivity and security towards operators or if you are developing custom communication channels, you are an equally important part of the story.
What will you do at Infobip?
- Develop, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot your team services
- Have full ownership of the code you produce
- Write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles
- Have a general overview and understanding of the interactions and dependencies in the entire system
- Grow towards full stack development and for us this means work primarily on backend development but also expand your knowledge on working with databases, system design, alerting and monitoring tools and frontend development
- Work within agile framework (Scrum, LESS) and have a dedicated Product Manager
- Participate with your team in agile practices such as sprint planning and retrospectives
- Expand and improve your knowledge both internally and externally and be a part of engineering community
- Junior, mid or senior professional looking for a high growth challenge
- Experience working with Java version 1.8 and above
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot development
- Good knowledge and understanding of object-oriented principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with concurrent and multi-tier applications
- Recognizing the value of code-review and experience with code testing (unit, integration)
- Good understanding of RESTful services
Nice to have qualifications:
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Maven, Canary or similar
- Understanding of databases and data management tools like MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka or other
- Worked with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
- Ready to adopt, implement or propose new technologies
- Experience in technologies such as Kotlin, Go, Groovy, Python, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus or others
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – We make sure that our tech stack is updated to latest versions, if we are talking Java, we’re talking up to Java 14. To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
- Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...