- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company's success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential to continue innovating and developing our global, in-house developed product. As a Database Administrator or Database Developer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of complex architecture of a 99.9% uptime system that drives huge traffic. We currently have 10+ Data Centers accross the world, with hundreds of database servers and thousands of databases. We are proud to say that we handle 1 billion transactions daily and around 10TB of data on a monthly basis.
What will you get to do:
We're currently looking for both Database Administrators and Database Developers and if you're interested in both - that also works for us. You will work in an agile team which is responsible for creating and maintaining Infobip's databases. You will have a chance to set up and maintain SQL server systems (stand-alone, clusters, etc). Also you will use many monitoring and troubleshooting tools in everyday work, work on custom store procedures, optimizing queries, design and implementing DWH and ETL solutions. You will contribute in various BI applications like reports, dashboards and other analysis tools.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relational database design and development. We use primarily MS SQL Server.
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience with database performance tuning and query optimization is an advantage
- Previous experience with big data systems, high-traffic, and large-scale systems would be nice to have
- Familiarity with Windows server administration is an additional advantage
- Curious and willing to learn, adopt or propose new technologies
- Motivated, proactive and love to work in a team
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – We make sure that our tech stack is updated to latest versions. To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
- Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects...