Elasticsearch Administrator/DevOps Engineer
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Zagreb (Croatia)
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential that our global, cloud-based products are supported with a stable infrastructure. On this position you will directly manage our Elasticsearch clusters, some parts of their Linux OS and applications in multiple environments, dealing with challenges native to a complex scalable architecture using industry standard tools to effectively provision, orchestrate and maintain a platform that handles millions of requests every day.
Not everywhere do you have a chance to deploy and manage multiple ES clusters with more than 50 nodes in single cluster and working with 50+TB of data, serving billions of customers. Talk about massive scope, right?
You know you are doing a good job when you're:
- Provisioning, installing and operating large scale infrastructure and services with zero downtime (Elasticsearch clusters and Java services)
- Providing Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) support and consultancy to the other development teams
- Automating and optimizing current infrastructure, tools, and processes using Ansible, Python, Bash
- Deploying infrastructure containers and services
- Monitoring infrastructure and services using Graylog, Grafana, and Prometheus
- Regularly contributing to discussions and brainstorming with thought out ideas that result in adoption and improvements of our platform, workflow or toolkit.
- Not afraid to ask questions – you proactively share knowledge and help yourself and your team evolve.
More about you:
- You have experience with ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana)
- You have experience with Ansible (or some other automation tool)
- You have experience with scripting (Python, Bash)
- You worked on Linux system administration (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
- You have experience with monitoring, logging, and observability tools (Prometheus, Graylog)
- You understand basic network concepts, OSI model and can do some basic troubleshooting
- You know how to make services highly available and scalable
- You are familiar with JVM and its ecosystem
- You are familiar with Apache Kafka (or some distributed streaming platform)
- You are familiar with versioning and CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- You have experience with Docker
Why you should consider this opportunity:
- Professional development – Take ownership of the in-house products at world’s leading company in A2P niche, with your dedicated development team.
- Global products – Our products reach more than half of the world’s population.
- Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading banks, mobile operators, social networks, OTTs, brands, and many more.
- Great environment – Team spirit, passion, creativity and persistence are the drivers of our company.