Java Software Engineer
- St Petersburg, Russia
- Department: Engineering
- Office: Saint Petersburg (Russia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions.
Why is DevOps important at Infobip?
DevOps principle aligns the priorities of developers (dev) and system administrators or operations staff (ops) by making them both responsible for uptime. Our developers and system administrators share their responsibility for service and its availability. The ability to make quick changes is required to improve efficiency and to introduce new features and innovations. Our goal is to boost and improve internal processes, make them as repeatable as possible, while maintaining high operational stability and uptime.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company's success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential to continue innovating and developing our global, in-house developed product. As a Java Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of complex architecture (scalability, high throughput, balancing...) of a four-nines uptime system that drives huge traffic.
What will you do at Infobip?
- Develop, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot your team services
- Have full ownership of the code you produce
- Write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles
- Have a general overview and understanding of the interactions and dependencies in the entire system
- Grow towards full stack development and for us this means work primarily on backend development but also expand your knowledge on working with databases, system design, alerting and monitoring tools and frontend development
- Work within agile framework (Scrum, LESS) and have a dedicated Product Manager
- Participate with your team in agile practices such as sprint planning and retrospectives
- Expand and improve your knowledge both internally and externally and be a part of engineering community
- Mid or senior professional looking for a high growth challenge
- Experience working with Java version 1.8 and above
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot development
- Good knowledge and understanding of object-oriented principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with concurrent and multi-tier applications
- Recognizing the value of code-review and experience with code testing (unit, integration)
- Good understanding of RESTful services
Nice to have qualifications:
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Maven, Canary or similar
- Understanding of databases and data management tools like MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka or other
- Worked with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
- Ready to adopt, implement or propose new technologies
- Experience in technologies such as Kotlin, Go, Groovy, Python, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus or others
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!