Telecom Product Engineer
- Bogota, Colombia
- Department: Analytics
- Office: Bogotá (Colombia)
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, Infobip’s platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (cPaaS) globally.
Join us on our mission to create life changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions!
Why is this role important in Infobip?
The team is taking care of the business side concerning operators, more specifically assisting mobile network operators (MNOs) in managing their messaging. Telecom Product Engineer is part of Product Analytics team and they are in charge of Infobip’s SMS firewall solution named sGate. sGate SMS Firewall enables mobile operators to increase control, security and visibility of all SMS traffic. What we need now is a sGate know-it-all who will educate and consult our MNO partners and help them filter all the unwanted traffic caught with your eyes (yes you will be kind of a ninja).
What to expect:
- Analysis of active sGate installations: monitoring the operation of worldwide deployments and by analyzing traffic discovering gray routes and unwanted traffic.
- Support and advising services: Act as an advisor for the operators who already have a filtering solution in place and preparing reports with traffic analysis for them.
- Improving sGate solution: detecting and reporting system bugs noted while performing daily tasks, suggesting new features and possible improvements for sGate, support new ideas with analysis and calculation about raising product profitability.
- Deployment reporting: composing a report with current network state overview, tests results and suggestion of next steps to internal stakeholders
- Operator education: as the sGate solution is deployed the team is the one educating the operators on how to use it.
- Attending internal queries and new opportunities overview: working closely with many internal technical and business teams, providing feedback and reporting on existing and future sGate projects, etc.
More about you:
- You have relevant working experience of +4 years in IT/Telecom industry, or providers for mobile operators (Carriers).
- You have a passion for IT and technology
- You have great communication skills (daily contact with mobile operators)
- You are proficient in MS Office
- You are eager to learn new things and new ways of tackling challenges
- You are fluent in English & Spanish, both spoken and written
- Portuguese proficiency is a plus.
- You like to travel
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Professional development – Challenging tasks and great career development opportunities. Detailed onboarding program which will get you introduced to our whole company and help you make an impact in the world’s leading company in A2P niche.
- Great environment – Team spirit, passion, creativity and persistence are the drivers of our company.
- Learning – Our employees go through an extensive training period and are considered experts in the industry. This job is an excellent chance to grow into a Enterprise Solutions superstar with exceptional knowledge of IT and telecom industry.
- Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading IT companies, mobile operators, OTTs, brands, banks, social networks, and many more.
- Compensation & benefits – Competitive salary, covered travel expenses, team buildings , flexible working hours, coffee, healthy snacks and beverages in the office.
- All the IT Equipment for your needs! We have a special team taking care about your equipment needs.
- Connect globally – Work with people from different countries, participate in the biggest IT and telco events, join us in our Connect conference in Croatia. We put the “global” in globalization.